1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about rebuilding iso 's of larger games.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by shenzen13, Feb 14, 2005.

1. shenzen13

shenzen13 Guest

I have noticed that the back up s of my larger dvd ps2 games load slower than the originals .This is especially noticeable on GTA:san andreas.So my question is if i rebuild the iso and reburn them will the back ups load faster or will it not make a difference.

2. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

It might be the media that you're using. Also, you might be using a poor burn method. Upgrade your firmware to the highest you can, and burn at the slowest speed possible. It also might depend on the PS2 version that you're trying to use it on.

I've backed up some bigger games (like MGS3) and the load times for me are pretty much the same as with the originals.

As for the burning : My friend made a backup of MGS3 for me burned at 8x. I started getting skips and small stutters during some of the audio. I made a backup of the backup, and burned it back another DVD at the slowest speed on my personal computer. The problems have gone away :D