1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about region coded games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Thomo17, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Thomo17

Thomo17 Member

Hi there,

Thinking about getting my wii modded in the new year and have found some invaluable guides and tutorials on this site.

Question is though is there is a genuine fear and alot of problems posted on here about bricked consoles caused my games from other regions?

My real question is, is why do people use games from other regions knowing it could potentially cause a headache, why not wait those few extra days if need be for the correct region game to appear?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

that sounds like a rhetorical question. Why people do certain things is always a mystery. Some people don't want to wait and in some cases it's a lot more than a few days.

As far as your fear of bricking your console, there is a simple rule to follow. Only allow updates from the wireless or from a game disc from your region. Done. End of story.

If all else fails, just check here regularly and you can read about what upgrades do what to the system.

3. juniR

juniR Guest

It's not a case of a few days waiting for a release in many instances - It's often weeks and even months, especially in Europe where the majority of releases are well after the releases even in the US. Also when releases get delayed for any reason ppl are sometimes anxious to get it as quickly as possible.

All bricks occur when ppl don't realise they are using the wrong update from the wrong region. Those that are aware from reading the reports don't do that do they? ...or at least they shouldn't ;)

If ppl are careful and read up on the possible problems then it's easy enough to stay unbricked and they should, if they like, enjoy releases from other regions and maybe some that won't even make their region.

4. Thomo17

Thomo17 Member

cool, cheers guys.

I wasnt having a pop at any1 who does this i just didnt understand why it was done and wanted an insight of the people that do do it and to why.

I didnt realise that there can be suce a massive gap between release in different regions.

thanks

5. juniR

juniR Guest

lol - I don't think anyone thought you were having a pop m8... It's a fair enough Q but there are some titles which have been out for a while in the states like, Medal Of Honor Heroes 2, Battalion Wars 2, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Zack & Wiki, Geometry Wars... to name some of the more interesting ones (imho) which ain't gonna show up in the UK until mid to late January and later. It's p!ss poor in the run up to Christmas to not see titles you've been looking forward to being released over here :S