1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Region Setting after flashing my Pioneer 107D

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by PapaPrem, May 31, 2004.

1. PapaPrem

PapaPrem Member

I recently flashed the firmware on my Pioneer 107D drive with the 1.13 patched/hacked firmware. Everything went well. My region setting on my drive became unlocked. After I put in a DVD to play, it automatically selected Region 1 in my Drives DVD Region Setting (since the DVD I was playing was a Region 1 DVD). The Drive's DVD Region setting states that I have 1 change remaining and after that, I can never change my region setting again. I thought that after flashing the drive, the number of times that I could change the region would be unlimited since it was unlocked. I am just kind of confused by this. What is the point of having a drive that is region-free if I can't change the regions (when playing a different region DVD disc) on the drive anymore?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

3. PapaPrem

PapaPrem Member

Thanks Jerry for your response. Most of the DVD's I play are region 1. The region setting on my drive is unlocked. However, what I am concerned about is that since I only have 1 region change remaining, what happens if I want to play a DVD from another region, and I am all out of region changes for the drive? I thought that by the region setting on my drive being unlocked, that I wouldnt have to set/change the region on my drive everytime I play a DVD that has a different region than the default region setting on my drive.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi again, If you don't already have this, download DVDinfopro(free). Then check your drive settings using that. My Pioneer 106D shows N/A for the region changes left with the hacked firmware. See what this tells you.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com.

Jerry

5. PapaPrem

PapaPrem Member

When I used this program, It says N/A for the region changes left. However, when I go into the Device Manager settings for my drive, it says "1" for the number of DVD Region changes left.