1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about ripit4me?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by davudw, Feb 15, 2007.

1. davudw

davudw Guest

Hi All:

I have seen alot of you talk about ripit4me as a dycryption. Does this program put the movies right on to your hard drive. My problem is that I don't want or need all the backed up movies on my hard drive and taking up needed space for my childrens school work.

Any help or information that you can give would be highly appreciated. Thank you and look forward to your response

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

School work takes up very little space unless you have some small drives or a lot of kids. 8.5GB is what a DVD9 can hold and what might possibly be ripped to your hard drive. Most DVDs are around 7GB though. As long as you delete the files after you get through, it won't be a problem. Once you backup your DVD, you no longer need to keep the files. Many programs use a temp file to store the files they're working with. In that case the program automatically deletes the file, but they still take up HD space during the backup process. So, it's either the program deletes the files or the user. As long as you don't forget to delete the files, you'll be okay.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@PacMan777

I'm not trying to be a pain in the proverbial Arrrs here, but since your pointing out forums rules, you might want to check out #12. Just trying to help before it's pointed out by some else, nothing more;)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

John
    There was a reason for the second post and I'm aware of rule 12. Though I hardly think I'm padding my count to try to become an Addict as some obviously try. I'll put my post count up against any for staying on topic in the help threads. I think the mods might be more interested in those who repeat what's already in threads without adding to the content and acting as "cheerleaders".

My second post was concerning the double post. If the member had read the original post, they wouldn't have gotten email notification if I'd just edited the post. I hate to see newbies get in trouble with the mods. I've seen a number of members point out this particular infraction without being criticized by the staff. I wasn't handing out the rule to try to act as a mod. But since we're swapping info on rules, number 14 is interesting.

Appreciate it and glad to return the favor. I think a PM would have been a better means though. We both went off topic.