1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about ritek printable media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by AquaLuna, Apr 26, 2005.

1. AquaLuna

AquaLuna Member

I just downloaded the CD Speed program so I can check out my dvds ive been burning, and I got some pretty bad results, Well im not sure if they are horrible but I would assume they are. I dont know if im burning them wrong or what? But is it the media im using or did I put too much data on a dvd?

Im using RitekG05 I used Neros Disc Quality Test and these are the results I got.

PI Errors: Avg (12.24) Max (52)
    PI Failures: Avg (0.03) Max (24)

Quality score: 15

I pretty much have no idea what the PI and all that is, im not sure where too look either for information on this and to find out how to get better burns :/

2. Videopro1

Videopro1 Guest

I tried the Ritek inkjet printable dual layer ones because they are the only ones that make inkjet DL media and got horrible results when checking with plex tools. The PI errors are extremely high. I guess I'll stick to the verbatim DVD+R DL media even though they aren't inkjet printable. They burn flawlessly & for everything else it's Ty inkjet printable.

3. rcover

rcover Member

I use Ritek That u listed above and I have no probs as of yet. What r U trying to burn or backup movies or what?

4. AquaLuna

AquaLuna Member

Mostly backing up movies but im burning my own authored dvds from some old vhs tapes I transfered onto my pc so im going for good quality but if these arent going to last then im going to change the type of media I buy :/

5. Videopro1

Videopro1 Guest

rcover, for the most part the DVDs play fine for me too except it freezes for a second toward the end which means these are poor quality. Run the error test on your media & I'm sure you'll see the errors quite high especially when compared to Verbatim DL media.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

The PI errors aren't so bad it's the PI failures that killed ya. Try updating your firmware and burn at 4x or under (maybe you did). Ritek is pretty good budget media but not as consistant as TY (beware of fakes) or verbatum datalifeplus (AZO dye).

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Here's a scan of a prodisc. I usually use verbatum but have been experimenting with some prodisc dvd+r hub printables.

[​IMG]

8. AquaLuna

AquaLuna Member

K I tried burning them at the slowest speed 4x and got better results but also maybe because the file is alot smaller than the other (Other was about 4400mb)I'll try to put a bit less data on dvds and see if I get better results that way and from now on I wont burn them at 8x only 4 :)
    [​IMG]
    (sorry my pc is all pink)

Edit: BTW - how do I update my firmware?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Here ya go. http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/download.htm Just download the file (latest f/w for your drive BTW is BSOS), make sure you select the correct drive and make sure there is no disc in it. Open the folder. It will walk you through. Really easy.

BTW for comparison and test purposes set your scan speed at 4x.

Edit: WOW is that ever pink

Mort

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I should have specified. That is for the lite-on 1633. Thats what disc quality test shows your burner to be. Just making sure. Here is another nice (free) scan utility that only works with lite-ons. http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93944 Here's a scan done with kprobe of a verbatum dvd+r burned at 4x.

[​IMG]