1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about "RITEK RIDATA 4.7GB 2.4X DVD+R MEDIA" how good is supermediastore.com

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Jdilla, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

can anyone tell me their experience with this kind of media. i know alot of people here like ritek, but that "ridata" thing, is it a good disc? im using it to backup movies and ps2 games. burning it with dvd decrypter and tdk 420n +r. also has anyone shop at supermediastore.com. and can you please tell me your experience with them. how are they with shipping, do they take forever? or can anyone tell me where i can get a good deal on dvd+r media, supermediastore.com has the 25pk of these disk for $26 dollare and $49 dollars for the 50pk, but just wanted to know if they are worth it before purchasing

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi jdilla, As you stated Ridata is suppose to be the same as Ritek. I never used discs under that name, I just buy the ones under Ritek. I get mine from Meritline for about $27.00 fo 25 usually with free standard shipping. Takes about a week to get them. They are West coast USA and I'm East coast. I would guess you are safe with that purchase you mentioned.
    Jerry

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

hey jerry nice to speak to you again. yea i was a little skeptical with the "ridata" label on ritek. you gotta watch out with fake media out there, specially on the internet. ive typed the media name on dvdrhelp, and no results pop up. i dont trust it, even if it says ritek. ive tried ordering from meritline, but they dont accept my atm-visa-check card, wich is kind of weird since ive bought alot of things with this card. but oh well ill just wait till best buy has that memorex 50pk for 50dollars sale. peace, and thank you for your reply

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I just checked Dvdrhelp site and it came up as -R was Ritek and +R was Ricoh which is the same. They spelled it RiDATA for some reason.
    Jerry

5. JhenTsang

JhenTsang Member

Hi RIDATA is just a brand name, the dye is the RITEK G04, ive used 25 of then and had no problems whatsoever

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yes, thats correct. RiDATA, Arita and the premium version, Traxdata, are all owned by Ritek International. The brand Arita was only started in 2001 as a cheap version of the Traxdata discs, which is Riteks premium disc. The quality of the discs in production will be the same, the differences start to emerge in the way they are packaged. With Traxdata, the come in DVD cases and spindles, as well as jewels. The RiDATA discs are similar in that they come in spindles. However, the reason for the Arita disc being less expensive is mainly to do with the fact it is shipped in shrink wrap only, thus there is a slightly greater chance of pressure on the actual discs and rubbing together while in transit. Although this is minimal, it can lead to the odd disc being a slightly marked.

For the best results use the Traxdata discs. I will be testing the new 8x DVD+R/-R traxdata soon on www.chrismccann.co.uk i the media tests section.