1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about S-VIDEO to COMPONENT UPCONVERSION

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by CDSurf, Feb 4, 2005.

1. CDSurf

CDSurf Member

Hi all

Does anyone know how receivers that do upconversion from s-video to component video work? In converting the signal to component, does the picture clarity actually improve to component quality, or is this simply a way of allowing an s-video signal to output through a component output with the signal retaining its s-video quality?

I have a receiver that upconverts composite and s-video to component, so does that mean i can hook everything up to the receiver via s-video and composite and they'll have the clarity of component?

Thanks

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Your signal is only as good as the source. The upside to upconversion is that you only need one set of cables for video output. Same for sound, I have an upconverter for audio. It's actually an A/V selector that can upconvert composite to s-video and analog audio(rca left,right) to digital audio(optic cable). Very convenient if you are short on inputs(tv,receiver).