1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about splitting in SmartRipper 2.41

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MPenza, Feb 17, 2004.

1. MPenza

MPenza Member

Sooo... How can I rip 6 VOBs movie from DVD into only ONE VOB file. I heared is is possible, but I do not know how to do it in SmartRipper 2.41

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you can when ripping in Movie Mode..Just go to "Setings" to "File Splitting" and set it to "Max File Size" then set the Max file size to 9999mb ,Now when you rip the DVD it will Be one big Vob File, You can also Enable "Stream Proscessing" and Just Rip the Audio Track you want and you can even rip the DVD as a Single M2V Video File and a Dolby Digital AC3 audio File or rip all of the Audio Tracks to seperate Files..I find this Handy because I back my DVD"s up useing a DVD authoring Program as opposed to a One Click program Like DVD-Shrink so Haveing a Single Seperate Video and Audio file is really handy....Cheers

3. Mr.Damm

Mr.Damm Member

Yes, you could rip your DVD using this feature in Smartripper, but I tried to do this is one DVD another day and the ripping process fail in 75% when I configure the size of the file above 6Gb. That was the first time that I encounter this issue in Smartripper and I don't know what happened. I've tried more 3 times until I stopped trying.
    I only could solve this problem by splitting the processed VOB files in 2 other (inside the same configuration screen).
    Maybe could be some type of protection, I don't know... :|
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][[ mr.damm ]][/small]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I rip DVD"s allmost every day I have have never had a problem Caused from the Size of the Files ...DVD Decryptor has this very same feature....