1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about swap magic fix

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by lizardboy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. lizardboy

lizardboy Member

My V7 ps2 crapped out and i bought a new V12. After spending the money on a new console i want to protect my discs.

I'm 99% sure i'm gonna buy swap magic but I keep reading about this swap magic fix and now i'm really confused. Is swap magic fix a disc that you have to load between swap magic and your game, and if so is it the same for all games? or is it a patch that you have to apply to the iso of the game you want to burn for your backup, and if so would the game work on a ps2 with a soldered mod chip?

This community is great and constantly comes up in google when i search for my problems. I hope this question can be answered.

2. witton

witton Regular member

swapmagicfix is a website that posts fixes for games that wont directly boot with swapmagic discs,if you are going to purchase a disc the new version 3.3 has all these fixes on it so you can directly boot with this disc.