1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Swap Magic/Slide Card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Spedizzo, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Spedizzo

Spedizzo Member

Hey all, I am not a big gamer, and have recently been browsing through the world of modding.

The 2 best options for me came down to the Slide Card w/ Swap Magic and the PS2 Flip Top w/ Swap Magic.

I have been reading MANY posts in this forum, and it seems like the PS2 Flip Top is the best choice.

However, I am not very good at installing things at all, and I feel reassured knowing that I can always send my Playstation 2 back to Sony if there is ever a problem. Not to mention the Slide Card is a little lower in price...

I have just have a couple things to ask;

Why does the Slide Card get such bad feedback? I heard that after a year or so it can cause motor problems or whatever, but if you never open the warranty seal, you can always send your PS2 to Sony, no?

And also, with Swap Magic, will I be able to play Backed Up games such as GTA: SA and others with my Slide Card and Swap Magic? Also, which Swap Magic should I get, do versions matter? I have seen 3.0, 3.2, etc.

Anyone willing to help a confused newbie? :)

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. pcnights

pcnights Member

Yes i was just going through the same issues recently untill I broke down and ordered swap magic with the slide card. It works great, all you have to do is take the front little cover off from where you put your disk in, then you use this cheap little slide card that they give you to slide the little white knob inside from side to side, beliver me its not that hard. I use verbatim dvd+r
    1x-8x 4.7gb dvd's and nero 6 ultra edition that you can download for free, then just find an activation code somwhere online from limewire or kazza and you can use the full edition then use nero express to copy the disk. I have copied GTA SA it works fine, and dont let anyone fool you GTA SA is not a dual layer disk iy is only 4.7 gb like the rest. And as far as the motor burning out who really cares people just like to complain, if it does just buy the flip top for $39.99 the the tray will never have to come out anyway. Any other question let me know!!!!

3. Spedizzo

Spedizzo Member

Hey, thank you for the information.

I think I will go ahead and order a Slide Card.

What version of Swap Magic do you use? I have seen a couple, like 3.0, 3.2, does it matter? Also, where did you buy it?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  4. pcnights

pcnights Member

Version 3.2 will say (version 3.0 on the front of the disk in big letters then on the bottom of the disk it will say 3.2 on the cd version. On the dvd version it says version 2.0 these are the latest that they have out. I purchased mine form WWW.PS2CASEZ.COM for like $35.00 for the set you get the cd and dvd version and the little crappy slide tool. They seemed to be a pretty good company they are US based. Check out this link below!!
    It has feedback about the WWW.PS2CASEZ.COM site.
    Copy and paste it into your browser.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...rid=www_ps2colors_com&items=-1&item=-1&de=off

5. malhi09

malhi09 Member

hey guyz,

I was jus wonderin if ne of u guyz no if you can play copied games onilne, with either a modchip or slide card. If you use a modding device would sony let you play online, copied or originals?

6. pcnights

pcnights Member

Yes you can it Has no idea that it is a burned game!!
    Do You Use swap magic or any other boot disk?

7. Wheet

Wheet Guest

DUDE?! $35 for the card and discs!? I bought a great one from...god...whats it called i think it was www.modchipstore.com or sumtinr ill check for only 35 bucks! Dude u gotta brouse...damn i spelt that wrong..aight c ya!

8. Wheet

Wheet Guest

hey sorry, that site was not the right one. I forgot where i ordered mine! by email me at wheetbread@gmail.com and ill find out 4 u!

9. malhi09

malhi09 Member

pcnight, i found out and no you can not play burned games online, specially the ones with DNAS check, which checks for an ID or somethin of the disk. You can give the burned game an ID only if you own it casue otherwise say if u rent a game and burn it and u copy its ID, you will be able to play online but If someone else plays the original online at the same time you are playing the copied one online, sony will find out and ban you.

10. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

so what do you mean. what do you take off the warranty sticker

11. breach

breach Member

Anyone having problems with backing up certain games? I had a problem with Burnout 3: Takedown. It gets half way through writing and then gives me an error. But any other games have worked fine.