1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jeffhardy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. jeffhardy

jeffhardy Member

Okay so i've been looking at this link..
    http://www.allmodchip.com/PS2_Swap_Magic_38_w_Coder_Combo_p_16181.html

First off, I wanted to know if any of of you know whether this site is legit or not.

Second of all, I got a slim PS2 (v12), and I need to play the imported version of KH2: FM+ which is coming out next week... my old modded ps2 died, so all i'm left with is this slim one.

Now, is there a difference between 3.6 and 3.8? Because it seems like both do the same thing and work with the same versions of PS2s... also, does this website sell it with the tools necessary to put into the ps2 in order to keep the cd spinning while the tray is open and stuff like that?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure i'm getting everything I need from this website, and getting the right version of the swap magic at that.

Thanks in advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I know nothing about the site, but it does say it comes with Magic Switch which is the other mod you need.
    http://www.teammodders.com/store/
    That is the site i know and trust. As i know the guy who runs it.
    The one think i like about the Magic Keys II VS the Magic Switch is that they are metal and not plastic.
    I think 3.6 is just Swap Magic, where as 3.8 Coder is made more for people who use cheat codes with back up games. I have heard 3.6 is more stable.

Personally i am not into Swap Magic. I used it in the early days of modding when it was the easy and cheap way. Then my second system i stepped up to a good modchip and will never look back.

3. gr8name

gr8name Member

I ordered from allmodchip.com with no problem. The SwapMagic 3.6 came with the Magic Keys 2 set included in the price. They had free shipping which took about 5 days though I could have went with the Priority Shipping but didnt want to spend the extra $$$ So all and all I am satisfied.

4. nimajneb

nimajneb Member

that website ships fine. i ordered tuesday, and it arived today (shipped from ny, and im in ny)

5. jeffhardy

jeffhardy Member

Yeah mine got here yesterday... the damn pieces kept coming out of place though (and the tape was pretty bad on the 2nd piece IMO.)

I got the slimline version, and the 2nd piece (which sits right next to where the cd would be spinning) keeps getting scrtached... i messed with it for a bit and it seemed to have stopped making the scratching noise that was practically unbearable, but by now I just took the tape that was provided out and put my own tape instead.

I did email them about this and asked them to send me a new set of the magic keys, and they replied right away and said they were sending the replacements...so I guess i'll wait. KH2: FM+ isn't here yet anyways, so I can wait.

BTW, what media is the best for the PS2? I've been using maxell for a while now, back to when I still used my "fat" modded ps2, but now I dunno... maybe it's the media is the reason it keeps scratching it, because I never heard the scratching noises with original imports.

6. nimajneb

nimajneb Member

ok sorry about being late on responding. but as long as yoou got the stuff is all that matters. good luck on the relacements

7. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

rule of thumb stay away from the cheap stuff. there r quite a few threads on this. do a search

verbatim, sony, ritek, etc. are good to use

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  8. ps2crack

ps2crack Regular member

allmodchip seems like every other modchip store. Do research and see whay works. I have just recently ordered from http://www.consoleasia.com, and they shipped the item to me really fast :) I trust them now.