1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about swapmagicfix

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Spunks3, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

hey, im just trying to learn about swap magic, and i undertsand that some games need a "fix", but when u go to download, what do the columns to the right meen...
    examples:

Sakura Taisen Atsuki Chishio Ni (DVD9) JAP [bold]Rip To DVD5 Rip To DVD5[/bold]

Alter Echo (DVD) USA/PAL [bold]CREDITS.PSS CREDITS.PSS[/bold]

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance (DVD) ALL [bold]CDLoader CDLoader v7 ALL BETA3[/bold]

and so on...

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok here goes, if its a dvd9 game and says rip to dvd5 thats because its to big to fit on a single layer dvdr disc, so you have to split the game to multiple discs

with things like credits.pss you have to replace a file in the game with a dummy file to get your backup to boot with swap magic

if it says cd loader then it tells you what version of cd loader you need to use in conjunction with swap magic to get your game to boot and the last bit were it says beta 3,5v3 no pn etc is the option you need to use from the submenu in cd loader

3. Sganaffa

Sganaffa Member

Hi
    How do I rip a DVD9 game into a DVD5?
    Progams,files...please help me!!!

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member