1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the bans..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lcex, May 21, 2007.

1. lcex

lcex Member

I have a modded xbox but decided I would wait out the update. I noticed people have started getting banned. What are my options now? If I reflashed my drive would I be able to by the real games and play on live? Or would they still detect it? If so how do I do it, thanks!

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am pretty sure if you flash back to original then you should be fine, i don't see how they can detect that.

3. motomods

motomods Regular member

well it seems to me that it doesnt matter what you do. eventually you are going to get banned if you have played a burned game online. they seem to have a database of everyone that has played and they are slowly but surely getting everyone..

4. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

am i going to get banned? because i hacked my 360 after i got all the updates.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I agree with Motomods. If you modded your 360, and have the spring update. Which i beleive you have to in order to access Live. Then your ban is coming. I said a while ago when this first started that there was no way for them to ban all modded consoles at one time. Did not know for sure but it was just common sense really. So they would have to collect the information and do bannings in waves. Which from what i have heard is exactly what is going to happen. Now no one can be 100% sure of anything because no one really knows, unless they work for MS or know someone who does willing to give away the real secret to all this.

But i really do thing a collection of console ID's into a database, then banning people in waves of a few hundred at a time is the most logical course they will take. Trust me we are all sad about it, but oh well. what's done is done and there is no way to go back now. And in theory no one knows what the 360 is capable of. So if it can record changes, then in theory it could also tell if you flashed it from the original, to modded and back.