1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Furion, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Furion

Furion Member

Hello everyone sorry if this has been addressed before but i was looking at this post
    and backing up games this way does it require your xbox 360 drive to be flashed as well? It doesn't mention anything in the tutorial but i looked at some other posts and saw people saying you need your xbox 360 to be flashed. Which one is it? Does that tutorial i posted require you to have your Xbox 360 flashed?

Thank you for your time

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ok, to play backups the drive MUST be flashed, OR have a mod chip installed. no way around it.

3. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

there you have it.
    why would your 360 have to be flashed in order to use your pc dl dvd drive to rip your 360 games? i don't see the connection

playing burned backups however is a different thing, then yes you need to have it flashed

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ok then, the 360 doesnt have to be flashed if you are using a PC drive to rip the games. but like i and you said, the 360 has to be flashed to play the games. but my question is, what is the point of your post? why would anyone want to rip games, but not play them afterwards? that is the point of backing up your games, so you can play them and not the origonals since the 360 likes to ruin game discs.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

if you want to back up games and not give yourself a migrane headache, go to Ebay and buy one of the Samsung DVD-Rom drives that can read the original discs.
    SH-D162C if you have IDE connections
    SH-D163A if you have SATA connections.

it will save you time and effort, if you are just willing to spend about $50-60 on the drive. (make sure it is pre-flashed with Kreon firmware, although flashing it yourself is not at all hard. just a simple download and run program)

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Easy answer - to sell pirated games.

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

yea good point.... lets hope he sells one to a cop and gets thrown in jail.

8. Furion

Furion Member

I have no intention of selling any Xbox 360 pirated games or even for that matter playing any pirated games. It was just a simple question that i was curious about.