1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUESTION ABOUT TMPGenc (avi to dvd)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mlalande, Feb 12, 2005.

1. mlalande

mlalande Member

Hi everyone, I have tried to read up the best I could with respect to burning DVD's. I have been burning backups on cd-r's for years, so I have a little experience.

I tried to convert my avi to dvd with TMPGenc, but it split the video and audio. Is it supposed to do this? Whenever i converted avi to vcd it never did this.

any suggestions?

question 2 - do i just burn the mpeg-2 straight to dvd? what i am confused about it...what about the video_ts folder that you see when dvd's are ripped.

Could someone please help? thanks a bunch!

2. mlalande

mlalande Member

i meant that it was xvid not avi..not sure if it matters...
    and im starting to think i should have converted the flick to vcd...the mpeg is 3.11 gigs...and that's only one half of the movie

doh

3. mlalande

mlalande Member

anyone

4. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Regular member

Hey there.

Im kinda new myself at TMPGenc, but as far as Ive learned, when you convert all your avi,divx,etc over to mpeg using TMPGenc, it should create only ONE mpg file in the folder you want it to save it in once converting is done.

Then naturally you'll use TMPGenc DVD Author to convert the mpg over to DVD format, which in then will create two seperate folders. One called AUDIO. One called VIDEO which will have small video files inside the folder.

Then what I DO, is use Nero Burning Rom to transfer the AUDIO and VIDEO folder over to the DVD-R disc and burn the movie on to it.

Only problem Ive noticed is the movie is like only 100 to 300mbs long and Im able to stick like 3-4 DVD movies onto ONE DVD-R disc. How odd.