1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about unbricking

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Greed0, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Greed0

Greed0 Member

are there any real ways to unbrick a psp other than
    1. not downgrading
    2. install some sort of mod chip/motherboard
    3. already having a 1.5 version of a psp

i heard of a way to unbrick a psp somewhere but i forgot where i read the article. i read that u had to put a certain file before u perform the downgrade to recover the psp to its previous version if it bricks.

any info could really help

2. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Mod chips only add a backup firmware or whatever, so if you brick your PSP, you can just restart it and fix what you did wrong and try again. I don't know if adding one to an already bricked PSP will solve the problem. There is also a special tool that will unbrick your PSP, but I think it's impossible to get one, unless there is a guide to make one, because I think only Sony has them for testing Firmwares or something.

Otherwise, there is no other way(I'm pretty sure).

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Now the real question is: what happens if you brick the mod-chip while unbricking your bricked psp? :p

4. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

You gotta be pretty retarded if you brick a PSP with a mod chip accidently lmao

5. Greed0

Greed0 Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GYBKnrirKa8 <-- what is the stuff about harly G. how does it work and would it work for any bricked psp. some people are saying that psp wasn't bricked and stuff.

6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

7. Greed0

Greed0 Member

ur not helping

8. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

lmao

9. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Can you access the recovery menu?