1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about using DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink on The Forgotten.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jay33, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I tried to using DVD Shrink and it locked up at 18%, just like others have stated. If I run this through DVD Decrypter first, how do I do that? Do I just click mode, then ISO like I do with PS2 games?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Yea, that will work. DVD Shrink will open both ISO's and video_ts files.

In Decrypter ... click either ISO Read R or File F.

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Thanks, Flip.

4. smooth88

smooth88 Member

Hi,
    I am using DVD Decrrypter for Forgotten. Once it is done decrypting what do I do? Should I open shrink? Then what do I click on to start the ball rolling?

5. flip218

smooth88,

how about checking out some guides.

6. Mike313

Mike313 Member

ok boys, after much reading and eye squinting (im so tired) i just burnt The Forgotten....i used the newest version of dvd decrypter to create the iso file....easy took about 45 min or so....click mode and choose "iso read"....it will read the disc for a second then bring up all the info of the disc....next just click the decrypt button at the bottom left.....after that runs thru (bout 45 min) youll have an iso image saved on your HD.....now open dvd shrink (THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU'RE BURNING W/DVD SHRINK USING THE NERO BURN ENGINE) choose open files and open the iso file, it will analyze it real quick then u can remove subtitles and other languages and whatnot, then u can just burn away....mine works perfectly in my dvd player.....try that out it was very easy for me....hope it helps someone....peace

7. Mike313

Mike313 Member

oh yea forgot to say in above this will take about 8-10gig for the iso file and 4.3gig for the video_ts folder.....so its a big process space wise but its quick n easy if u can do it....u can delete it all after so for anyone who shares my pain of a laptop if u can squeeze the space out of ur small 40gig HD like me this is definitely the way to go......peace

8. Mike313

Mike313 Member

ok problem....so when i try n play the dvd in my computer or copy it always says there's no disc...it plays fine in my dvd player but i dont think ill be able to copy it (i tried dvd shrink & nero) or play it on my computer....why is this? and can i fix it?

thanks
    mike

9. flip218

Can you play other backups in your computer? Can you copy other backups? What brand of media are you using?

10. Mike313

Mike313 Member

yea i can play all my backups in my computer...this one was burnt on a memorex dvd+r....i burnt at 2.4 or 4x to make sure i didnt burn too fast so i have no clue whats different other than i used decrypter 1st then opened the iso using dvdshrink, it analyzed it, i got rid of subtitles and languages, then just hit backup and it works fine in the dvd player....just keeps sayin no disc in my computer though

11. flip218

So is your problem w/ just this movie "The Forgotten". You can't play it on your pc? right?

12. Mike313

Mike313 Member

WOW ok i think i figured it out....all the movies play in the dvd player but not in my computer....my dvd drive on my laptop is NOT +-....it will only read the minus R's....and my new dvds for right now are +R's....i found this out because the dvd burner will read +R's...i popped the backup dvd into the burner and it played it like a charm.....so i only have 1 question for now....how do i copy these backups if i wanted to?...just use solely the dvd burner to copy using nero?...is that possible?

13. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

Mikes formula for backing up The forgotten is spot on, this combination of decrypter/shrink has work well for Resident Evil, Little Black Book too.

As for copying backups Í'm used Shrink and Nero and the backups work fine.

14. forgetful

forgetful Member

Thanks Mike:

Followed your tips to the T and it all worked out on "The Forgotten" Thanks Again

Forgetful