1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Using Ulead's Movie Factory 5

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by mknott30, Jan 9, 2007.

1. mknott30

mknott30 Member

I just bought Movie Factory for my computer, basically because the software for burning DVD's that came with my computer vanished. I was extremely happy with how easy it was to use Movie Factory until I saw the finished DVD. Basically, I created a slideshow using Window's Movie Maker with music and exported it as a video file. Then I brought that file along with some home movie files that I wanted to burn all on one DVD. I used Movie Factory and it seemed to work great, except for the incredibly slow time it took to burn onto a DVD. Anyways, when I went to play the DVD this morning I played the slideshow and about 1/4 of the way through it, the pictures disappeared and went to a black screen. The music still played, but from that point on, there were no pictures. The home videos I put on the same disc work great, the only problem is with the slide show. Is this something that went wrong with Window's Movie Maker or is something with Movie Factory? Anyone else have the same problem? I just don't even know where to start to look for the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I have used Ulead Movie Factory since version 2 and never seen any kind of problem so I would guess your problem lies elsewhere. Incidentally, UMF takes my average video mpg, authors to vob and burns in about 22 minutes, never timed it.

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

You're right about the time, compared to 2 other programs (about 3 - 1). I burned comparable movies but, in fairness to UMF, it's creating vobs whereas the other programs were buring vob and I think that's the difference. BTW, my burn time with UMF was about 30 minutes.

4. mknott30

mknott30 Member

I did get my Movie Maker file to work. There was a problem when I went to save it and export it that caused the screen to go out. Stupid me, but a simple reboot of the computer cured that problem. I still am not happy with the time it takes to create a DVD. I tried creating a DVD with just my Movie Maker slide show and then 4 or five home video clips that couldn't have been more than 3 minutes each. I created a menu for it and when I went to burn the DVD, it took forever. After an hour and fifteen minutes, it was only 4% completed. Am I doing something wrong or should I just get used to it and only plan on burning those at night so I can leave it going after I go to bed. I love the user friendliness of Movie Factory and everything about it, but burn time is just a killer!

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

6. dengfeng

dengfeng Guest

i have used the http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/487482
    for a long time which is easy to create a customized DVD slide show with photos and videos, and you can add music, transitions, motion effects and make beautiful DVD menus. i like it very much due to its high performance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007