1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about video converters

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dad2jtcj, Jan 4, 2008.

1. dad2jtcj

dad2jtcj Member

Hello I have movies on my pc that i am changing into dvd format to burn onto discs. I have DivX to DVD and it works great. I was wondering what other programs you could reccomend that is freeware to convert videos to dvd as would like to be able to run a couple at a time to minimize my time converting.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not a good idea and I doubt it's even possible. Conversion is very CPU intensive, around 100%. Unless you lower the priority of the converter browsing is almost impossible and my machine is pretty powerful. Here is a guide for DVD Flick which I hear is a good converter but I don't know about its speed: http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/dvd-flick-guide.html The predecessor to VSO's ConvertXtoDVD, DIVXtoDVD 5.2 is old but quite good. Both free.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

DVD Flick is a little slow compared to ConvertXtoDVD and more on par with Nero Vision, but much better than Vision IMHO. It has also churned through files that ConvertXtoDVD and Vision have choked on, very good freeware app.

4. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Yep DVDFlick is spot-on, best AVI to DVD software hands down. It easy, it gives excellent quality and it can do everything, convert, author and burn to DVD.

Here's a link: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_flick.cfm/v1_2_2_1

Btw, as mistycat added before, you don't want to fk around with your computer too much when your converting anything, especially video files. It's CPU intensive, consumes a lot of memory, and you could impact on the quality if you slow it down too much.

Especially if your computer isn't really up to spec, I wouldn't recommend converting more than one video at a time, hey it takes time, be patient.