1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about where to buy PS3 ?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ivsft, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ivsft

ivsft Member

I am debating if I should buy PS3 from Best Buy or eBay/craigslist ?

eBay/Craigslist: Cheap, but those claiming that they sell a new sealed PS3, might be selling a refubrished PS3. No receipt, how will the warrenty work with sony then ?

BestBuy: Expansive, but I know it will be new for real. 1 Year warranty. Plus I can get 3 years of service plan, $149 CAD.

This is a big investment, want to make it right.

What would you do in this situation ?

2. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Personally with such a hefty investment I completely ruled out eBay, it may be cheaper but you don't know what you are getting and there's no return policy like you would get at a major outlet.

Another thing is to look around at the stores return policy's, to see what one is the most lax about electronics. I find myself walmart is easiest to deal with because they don't really know what they're doing when it comes to gaming. My friend actually returned GTA vice city a year after he got it for a new copy of it because it was scratched up, without a receipt on top of that... lol.

3. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

I bought mine from target with a 3 year warranty which was only 59$ but im from the US so im not sure if it will be the same in canada

4. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i got product protection from gamestop and i could throw this thing against a wall take a ride to gamestop and they replace it no questions asked

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I would go with ebay,I see alot of them going for around $400 & $500. As for warranty,PS3s dont have many hardware problems at all.Now if it was a 360 I would buy it at a store with warranty
    Just buy it on ebay and save some money

6. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Its not that you would be afraid that they would break in the future when dealing with ebay, its about if its DOA.