1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about wiikey installed after update

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Instint, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Instint

Instint Member

Like the title say, I installed my wiikey after the update. I seem to be having problems with the GCOS disc. My wii can't read any of the discs I've burned. I haven't tried any back ups yet but the originals still work. I've burned about 15 discs already of the GCOS disc using either Nero Burning Roms or Img Burn. It may be the media but I heard TDK DVD-R is a good one so I was using it. Should I try +R and see if it works? Might I have to resolder the wiikey? Anyone else installed after the update?

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Can you take a picture of your installation? Or maybe try different brand of DVDs and try +R.

3. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Hi, Im having a very similar problem, it is really sad :( Although I have burned 3 games on 3 diferents kind of media, all at the lowest speed. I have burned GCOS and I have tried botting my collection of several gamecube backups with no luck. I have wiisports and it boots perfectly. Im really frustated I have rechecked my soldering to see if there was any error, and I bough my wiikey from a offical wiikey.cn source. As with Instint any help would be aprecciated