1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question bout xbox softmoding

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Spyder22, May 31, 2007.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

I am moding my friends xbox he dosent want it chiped he wants it softmoded. My question is, is the mechassult exploit compatable with all versions of xbox? I have read that it is and that it isnt so i want to make shure from u guys first (dont want to mess up someoneelses xbox). Thanks for any help:)

2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

The Mechassault exploit version is compatible on all box versions, but you need to know what serial version that game disc is. Not all mechassault games will boot the softmod exploit. The gamesave buffer functions differently on different game versions. If you already softmodded before using that game and it worked its mostly likely that you'll softmod without problems. 007 and Splinter Cell 1 are the most common and easiest to softmod with.

4. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

so if i use the 007 or the splinter cell 1 exploit it dosent matter what version game disc i use? Also are the 007 and the splinter cell 1 exploits compatable with xbox version 1.5?

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Any 007 and Splinter Cell 1 guaranteed (some have modded using the platinum hits version, stick to the non-platinum). Use SID 4.5 or higher, this version works on all box versions. Just make sure the dash version is 5960. Check under the system settings. If its not 5960, update using a live game. Click Xbox Live at the game main menu, follow the prompts. It will then update your dash. Reboot, check the dash version under system settings, and if it reads 5960 you can now softmod.