1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question concering inkjet printables

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by headcase, Jan 23, 2007.

1. headcase

headcase Regular member

What is the difference between inkjet printable and inkjet hub printable? I see these both every time I order my discs. I always go with just the inkjet printable, as I have an Epson R220. But I was just wondering if the inkjet hubs would work the same?

2. JVC

JVC Active member

The regular inkjet printables, print [bold]up to[/bold] the hub (center diameter is about 33mm).
    The hub printables, print up to the small center hole (center diameter is about 18mm). Maxell calls them "Print to Center" discs.
    I like to keep both on hand.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Full hubs offer the best picture because more of the surface will be printed..

You should have gotten Epson Printcd with your R-220. Click on the yellow disc icon on the lower left. Set the settings for the inner as:

Full hub= 20 mms
    Reg hub= 40 mms.

Outer will still be around 119 mms.

OK

Try changing the size and see the difference of that template on your screen.

I like the shiny vs the white.More of a 3D look.The matte white tends to look a little faded,especially on the lighter covers.

Now there's full hub shiny and glossy whites-which should look awesome. I'll order some of those after my supply dwindles and those prices drop, LOL.

I love those Maxell hitachi full hubs!!!

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Here's the visual difference:

[​IMG]

Employee of the month: Matte White full hub inkjet printable
    Saw 3: Reg hub-Lightscribe
    Gridiron Gang: Reg hub- Shiny inkjet printable