1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question concerning virtualdub

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ger08, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

alright i want to combine to video files using virtualdub. At first they were both avi but it wouldnt combine them because i guess some of the encoding was wrong so i encoded them both using tmpgenc and tmpgenc xpress so now there both mpgeg (cept under avi codec one of my video files doesnt show audio yet when i play it it has it). After that i tried virtual dub again and now it says "no video frames found in mpeg file"...doesnt anyone know how to fix this?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It also happened to me. I managed this by loading with TMPGenc again and using File__Merge & Cut cutting from 00:00,01 to the end (therefore, losing nothing).
    But since now they are mpeg files, why didn'y you try to combine them with TMPGenc File__Merge & Cut ?
    It's much simpler (you don't have to set Video_direct strem copy on VirtualDub and so on).
    More: if one mpeg doesn't show the audio, use http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 to fix it. Maybe TMPgenc left the 'audio input' line blank because it didn't recognise the compression and you didn't notice that.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  3. ger08

ger08 Member

oh alrighty ya i did that and it worked great...thanks for the help