1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for "ccampbell" ;) about nero burning rom.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gavindoc, Dec 6, 2004.

1. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

Hi, my first post to this forum. I was looking at the Sony DRX-710ul burner and it says that the following software is installed;

AHEAD Nero(R) Burning ROM 6 SE and Nero Express(R) 6 CD/DVD mastering software for data, audio and CD/DVD writing and copying;

-- AHEAD Nero VisionExpress 2 VCD/SVCD and DVD authoring software for advanced video capturing, authoring, full video editing and photo slideshow creation; users can crop, clean up, add special effects to photos and then add transitions and a soundtrack, as well as cut, edit, dub, and turn videos into Hollywood-style masterpieces;

-- AHEAD InCD(R) 4 packet writing software for formatting rewritable discs so they can be used like large floppy disks with drag-and-drop capability;

-- AHEAD Nero ShowTime(TM) DVD-Video playing software for viewing DVD movies and personal video projects, along with MPEG-4 compatibility;

-- AHEAD Nero BackItUp backup software for complete PC backup, with an easy-to-use wizard interface for multiple backup modes, automatically scheduled backups, and backups spanning several CDs or DVDs;

-- AHEAD Nero MediaPlayer / Wave Editor management/jukebox software and audio editing software for audio file creation with various filters and effects;

-- AHEAD Nero Cover Designer disc label creation software for creating individual CD/DVD covers and labels; and

-- AHEAD Nero Toolkit drive tool software for critical media and drive analysis used by drive manufacturers worldwide.

I would really like the nero burning rom application - not the nero express and I have heard that you don't get the more complex nero burning rom with OEM versions. So I was wondering what the "AHEAD Nero(R) Burning ROM 6 SE" was. Does this version have nero burning rom installed as well as the nero express?

Sorry for long post! And thxs in advance.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express is just an interface, both using the same engine. But Nero Burning ROM has more advanced features to give the 'Power User' more control.

Normally, we only provide Nero Burning ROM in the Retail bundles, not OEM bundles. However, if an OEM would like to pay more for their OEM bundle, they can of course have a limited version of Nero Burning ROM SE.

So yes, this version does have the Nero Express, and the Nero Burning ROM SE versions installed.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

OK, thanks very much! Was hoping it had the burning rom. Forgot to ask how limited is the nero burning rom se? I mean I'm not bothered if it has super advanced features left out. Just wondered how limited lol. BTW thxs for quick reply :)

4. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

Sorry for double post

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Gavin,

I'll have to get back to you on the limitations, as I am on teh road and can not remember the exact limitations. I hope to be back in the office on Thursday.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

6. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

OK, that's fine - thanks for help. As long as it has some version of burning rom then that must do something so I think I will just go ahead and buy it. (or put on christmas list hehe)

7. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

Really sorry to dig this up again - but my brother is insisting that I find out the restrictions on nero burning rom se! I mean we've already bought it but no he has to know lol

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I'll be back in the office on Monday, and I can provide you with this information at that time.

Regards

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

9. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

OK thxs very much :)

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Here are the features missing from the Nero Buring ROM SE version, as compared to the full Nero Burning ROM.

1) No Cross Fade feature
    2) Unable to burn to more than one recorder at a time
    3) No Virus Checker

And that is it.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

11. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

OK that's superb! Would never ever have used them lol. Only have one burner so can't burn to more than one. Thanks very much for your help.