1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for JUST burning my downloaded games to dvd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hwd4life, Jan 13, 2005.

1. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

I downloaded a game and then extracted them so i could get the iso file, but wen i extracted the .rar file another rar file came up, i dont see no iso file.
    do i just burn this rar file as an image or is there something else i should be doing.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

psst
    its ilegal ie not allowed on the forum

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Actually i don't really think that this question is against the rules.

If you unRar'd the file and it gave you another, or more .rar files, then unrar it again and see what you get.
    Burning a .rar file as an image will do nothing good.

4. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

i cannot unrar or even open that one
    it says no archives found and its like 3 gigs

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

More than likely, you have iso images associated with winrar i.e. winrar is trying to uncompress a file that's not compressed.You also may have a fake game.

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

WinRAR isn't supposed to open the file. WinRAR recognizes the file because it has an ISO extention, but it doesn't know it's an XISO, so if it doesn't recognize it then it's fine. Also, try using Craxtion, and look inside the ISO to see if it's a valid game or not.

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Duh! That doesn't mean you can't associate the executable with the winrar program.You can take any file and attempt to open it with any program and if you save that setting on your computer, it will attempt to open it the same way every time.
    Uhhh No, winrar is a compression utilty and it isn't associated with iso images.Doesn't matter if it's a Xiso,Ziso,Piso etc., winrar just uncompresses whatever is compressed, it doesn't even attempt to run or open the program itself.
    First intelligent thing you said

8. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Even though it may look like a WinRAR file its normally an ISO anyway - if not all it normally takes is to change the filename so .iso is on the end.

I have had one recently which hasnt worked......used to use Craxtion a while ago but couldnt get on with version 4 for some reason - never worked. How does craxtion tell you if its a valid game?

One I had recently unrarred to give me the iso but when I burnt it just got a disc error. There was also an SFV file but if you have the .iso you dont need to use that surely??

Is the Craxtion 4 working properly now as last time I was on website it said I had to download some microsoft programme which still didnt get it up and running

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Don't try and get all "politically correct" on me. I know that's the reason, but he didn't know, and if you had read the thread, you would've known that's why I said what I said.

Actually, WinRAR automatically associates itself with .ISO files, and that's why the WinRAR archive icon appears by an iso (if you have WinRAR)

[​IMG]

No, ALL of what I had to say was intelligent. It was YOU that came with the ignorant post before reading the thread and doing your research on how WinRAR AUTOMATICALLY associates itself with .ISO files.

Welsh, extracting the ISO (if you can't get the latest version of Craxtion to work) and see if it's a valid ISO and not just an empty one.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  10. soopa1

soopa1 Member

I'm having somewhat a similar problem. I have a whole bunch of files that are in numerical order,that are not archived. I made them into an xISO with QWIX,but it won't work.

11. soopa1

soopa1 Member

He's right. Just go ahead and burn it.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  12. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Maybe your right about that, I don't know(kudo's).I'm no software expert, but all I've used winrar for is extracting and compressing and if it's file extension is associated with iso's and it gives you the impression that you need to extract the file again, what's the point? My iso files [bold]aren't[/bold] associated with winrar and I'll make sure they never are.