1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUESTION FOR THE EXPERTS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by adehook, Jan 21, 2005.

1. adehook

adehook Member

does anyone know if it is possible to link up an external drive to the ps2, as my lazer pitch adjusters are well out and carnt get them back, there must be a way?? or where can i buy a complete drive including adjusters for it??/ please help. need to play snake eater.

silver ps2
    pal
    messiah chip

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

let me get this straight, you want to somehow Mcgyver an external DVD rom up to your PS2 so that you can play MGS3?

I have a couple options for you

1) Replace the laser - It is much cheaper than an external drive and ANY mods you would need to do to even make it work

2) Get a HDD and a chip - ALthough this would be more than replacing the laser it would STILL be cheaper than getting an external drive to work

3) By a new PStwo - Although this is VERY extreme it would STILL be cheaper and esier than getting an external CD/DVD rom to work with your PS2.

Get the drift?

3. adehook

adehook Member

new laser wont do any thing as i carnt get the adjustment back??? so basicly i should bin it and start again????

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

what adjustment can you not get back? The new laser will come pre-adjusted, plus since it is new it wont be such a big deal with getting it perfect. It will read no matter how out of lign you have it.

Its just worn out lasers that need to be adjusted and fine tuned.

5. adehook

adehook Member

no the laser is fine. the rods the lazer is mounted on is out of adjustment so a new lazer will do nothing unless i buy a new complete drive mechanism. you know what i mean??/