1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question from a new user about firmware version

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by xyz321, Feb 4, 2007.

1. xyz321

xyz321 Guest

hye guys

this might sound daft, but i havent had a console before and am planning to buy it while on my US trip in two weeks time (as its a lot cheaper than here in UK).

While browsing the net a lot of people have been asking a nubmer of quesitons regarding playing .iso files on PSP and it has been linked to firmware version of the PSP/

now i dont know which firmware version my psp will have before i buy it so i was thinking is it possible to play .iso files on any other version than 1.5 or will i have to downgrade to 1.5 to be abel to play .iso? i would also like some advise on how easy it is to downgrade.

Also any other advise is always welcome....

Many thanks for your time.
    Regards
    Jay

2. raganarok

raganarok Guest

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

u can only downgrade up to 3.03.

4. raganarok

raganarok Guest

i'm meant up to and not including

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

last time i checked "up to" also included "that". So I think it would be up to 3.03. Downgraders only work up to 3.03.

6. xyz321

xyz321 Guest

Thanks a lot for your time.

Just one more thing, i looked at the ways to identify the PSP firm ware version from the labels on the PSP. but i am not sure whether i will have a chance to look at that as currently i am in UK and will only be going to US for 3 days. so i thought of ordering it online and get it delivered to one of my friends place.

so what i want to ask you is, wheter you have come across any other users who have been able to buy/specify any particular version of firmware from any online retailer. its a long shot but i thought would just ask you guys.

Again thanks a lot for your time and effort
    Cheers
    Jay