1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: how do u get the best sound?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by wargamer, Dec 26, 2004.

1. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi,

I'm wondering i just recently got a Yamaha TSS15 Digital surround sound home theatre system, i connect it up to my PS2 via the optical cable, sounds good.

But i've just noticed there is a slight popping sound on some things in my games!. And i never heard it when i first started using it!.

Does anyone know why.

Cheers.

2. Razz1234

Razz1234 Guest

Yeah, i think i do....

You have just upgraded your sound system. Better sound systems pick up everything. You will notice some CD's sound better than you have ever heard before and some will now sound horrible. Good systems show off the bad as well and the good.

But just incase, try switching the cable with a friends Ps2 and see if that was the problem.

3. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Yea that is the problem. Sometimes its better not to have real good systems because the scratches on your cd's dont matter. That doesnt mean i would go out of my way to buy a crappy one though lol.

4. goose2000

goose2000 Member

Hi there, i can relate to this problem too, i am running a Denon AVC-A1SRA Amplifier, and BOY does the input quality make ALL the difference, whether its a CD or PS2 or anything. But in your case you could check your cables, and also check the optical plug in the back of your PS2 for dust particles as this can interfier with the light signal.

Excuse the spelling mistakes....

5. Petenutz7

Petenutz7 Member

im runnin the optical from my ps2 to my pioneer home theater as well and no poppin noise. might be your cable

but in general if you wanna get the cleanest sound you wanna keep any power wire away from rca/video/speaker wires. Thats a general rule of thumb that i use. also quality between cables doesnt matter, i dont care what anyone says.

Ive used many different cable in car audio, and a 70 dollar monster cable sounds like a 9 dollar cheap fosgate, taht sounds like a 20 dollar generic cable. its all the same.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

The cable may be the problem and you may need to replace it. They are very delicate and if they are bent you'll have problems. I bought the monster cable set that came with component cables and a seperate optic cable and it works great. If you have the analog left and right output connected at the same time as the optic cable, this may cause some problems. The only output for sound should be the optic one, so you may want to disconnect the left and right from you receiver.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005