1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Question* How to burn .dat image file??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by TouchIt, Oct 1, 2004.

1. TouchIt

TouchIt Member

Let me start by saying hi. My name is infact Touch It, because my mother has personal issues. I am new around here and would like to get off on the right foot. I was cruising around for info on PS2 backup and looks as if i stumbled across the best place for this kind of feedback on the web. I hope to stick around and learn and help others with this kind of stuff.

I recently downloaded a backup for a PS2 game I own that got scratched up like no-ones business and am trying to figure out how to burn the image. I unRAR'd it and ended up with a few folders a system info icon, and a few .dat files. One of these .dat files is labeled image.dat. Im kind of confused on what to do, since there are no bin/cue/iso/ anything alcohol 120, or nero will accept included in the downloaded file. If it cant be done, it cant be done. But now i feel challenged, so i thought id drop a line and see if you gents knew how to get this .dat to burn correctly, or what i should do to get a game out of this info. thanks in advance guys.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I'm not completely certain but it would help to know what the names of those folders are. If in fact you have what I believe to be nothing more than copies of the individual files from the original game disc there is little you can do with them. You need an actual image file of the original disc in order for it to work properly when burned. The problem being that the files need to be burned in a specific order on the blank disc and disc burn software for the PC cannot handle this task.

3. TouchIt

TouchIt Member

yea, i figured as much. .dat files are just data files are they not? i was just confused because it was labeled image.dat so i wasnt sure whether there was a way it could infact be used.

either way, ill let you know what the EXACT contents are when i get home this afternoon, unfortunately im at work supporting broadband internet, and some stroke is complaining that he is getting 2.5 megabit downstream and its not the 3.0 megabit that was advertised. *shakes head*