1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by preslay, Oct 27, 2004.

1. preslay

preslay Member

okay my flip top is installed and has been working nicely for about a week. Now the only thing wierd with it is that whenever i turn it on, it makes wierd noises. I found out it's because of the white magnetic disc that you had to take off that casing on the ps2 and place on the flip top. So what i do to make it not make noise is put a kind of heavy book on it and then no noise occurs. I'm pretty sure it's just cuz the white magnetic disc isn't close enough to the game. So my question is, should i find some way to fix it, should i just continue what i'm doing, and does putting a book over it possibly damage the ps2 in any way? anyways thanks in addvance

2. gamma64

gamma64 Member

Your current method as described probably( key word ), Wont hurt your Ps2 unless the book is pressing hard enough that the disc is being pushed too far down and in to the laser read section. If the top of the cover touches a spinning ps2 disc( with usually go pretty fast) it could cause some noise. So investigate, if you think the book is too heavy get something slightly lighter and this should eliminate your noise problem if your problem is what i think it is.

Gamma64 6_FO

3. MrToast

MrToast Guest

I just broke off the housing on the flip lid and placed the white ring on by hand, no more noise...

4. etherz

etherz Member

yeah i have the same problem and am currently using a copy of phillip pullmans amber spyglass to stop the noise, it is not touching the laser cos it makes aan ecen louder noise if this happens. I dont really want to mod my flip top mod, but could you provide some pictures.

Is it just us two or is anyone else having this problem, if no-one else has the problem maybe we have installed it wrongly.

-={EtHErZ}=-

5. Mr_Ice

Mr_Ice Member

I had that problem and all i did was loosen the 2 small screws behind in the part that holds the white disc