1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SS2006, Apr 30, 2005.

1. SS2006

SS2006 Regular member

regarding HD Advance
    theres a CD and a DVD, which one do i need to load DVDs on the HD. Cause my PS2 cant read CDs, also the HD Loader, is there a version of it thats written to a DVD cause im telling you my CD reading capablities are dead, and the same with DVDs pretty soon, which is why im getting this

also regarding my nba live 2005 copy, which the original got ruined, can i upload a backup to the hD, would that work?

and does uploading gamds to a HD lose your online capablities? thanks guys

2. SS2006

SS2006 Regular member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  3. SS2006

SS2006 Regular member

guys the HD Loader, ones a CD and ones a DVD i heard
    does thsi mean one is burn on a CD and oens i burnt on a DVD
    or it means one is used to load DVDs, and one is used to load CDs, cause i cant read CDs well
    the ones u can download are those illegal? i dont know what to do
    someohe help

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Well you will need the dvd 1 to copy dvd games to the hdd, am not too sure about the cd 1 cos i never use it as i have never had a cd ps2 game , or you can just use WinHIP on your pc to transfer games to the ps2 hdd without using the ps2 at all. As for the network adaptor, if you have a normal ps2 then you would most likely find it easier to use the normal adaptor unless you plan to use a usb hdd. There’s ways to put hdloaders on your memory card but the most common way of doing that is by making a exploit cd and booting with the cd version of SM to install it then using a ps2 disc to trigger it but as you said your ps2 does not like cd’s. As far as i know you can’t put movies on the hdd thou i maybe wrong.

Also HdAdvance and HdLoader are pressed not burned.

When you put a hdd in the ps2 and load either hda or hdl the hdd will boot up and you can either choose to put a game on it or play a game already on it, and after that the ps2 laser does not get used at all. Am also unsure about going online with a game on the hdd s1 will know

Hope This Helps.

5. SS2006

SS2006 Regular member

man that was so helpful
    thanks a million
    by the way , how does winhiip work, thanks :)

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

WinHIP reads ps2 hdd's and allows you to transfer images on a windows formatted hdd , It can also take games right from the cd/dvd rom (not dvd9 games thou), windows cant read a ps2 formatted hdd so you have to use a program like this or one similar.

So all you would need to do is put the ps2 hdd in the pc start up open WinHIP and transfer an image of you choice, WinHIP also allows you to set games in MODE1, 2 and 3. All in all it’s a great wee application and it does the trick. Download it and open the help its very helpful and explains what it can do it more detail ;-)

7. SS2006

SS2006 Regular member

thanks again, very clear
    also, i have this NTSC PAL prob cause my PS2 is eruipean so i have a few games that com eblack and white, if i save thsoe to the HD, and run them will this NTSC - PAL propery be lost?
    and does HD Loader format hard drives?

8. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I think that your TV has to support NTSC but as far as i know you can download a patch to convert NTSC to PAL. hdl formats hdd yes but only if there not in ps2 format I.E. windows formatted hdd's, but WinHIP will format it for you.

9. SS2006

SS2006 Regular member

p4_tt, i've read your other posts man, an dyour a real helpful person on this board, i wish everyoen was like this, and as i learn more ill start helping in the near future :D
    anyways, i wanted to know, i have a soldered modchip, so i dont use swap magic, and once i get this HD thing going, i have HD lOader (with DL patched) it works normally, so now what guide is most suitable for me to know how to get GT4 on the hardrive?