1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Media (types of CDs, DVDs)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by squid808, Jan 13, 2005.

1. squid808

squid808 Member

I have evox, and I like to watch avi files of my fav anime or listen to mp3s or such, but i've run into a problem. I have many of my anime burnt to DVDs to keep room on my HD, but it seems that the xbox can't read many of the dvds. Some have folders in them, some don't, but I can't find a rhyme or reason as to which it likes. I'm not sure if it's because mine is a softmod, but I hope not (I've also been having troubles with things like Surreal 64, i can't get it to load the list of roms)

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

1) Xbox hates hentai :p

2) Try using Xbox Media Player, or better yet, get Xbox Media Center.

3) The emulator instructions had me confused too. The directions are so stupid. To get the roms to load, you have to put a roms folder in the Surreal64 folder, and put the roms in there. Also, you have to do all the roms/emulators in the same way. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it. It worked for me ;)

3. squid808

squid808 Member

But are there any types of DVDs or CDs I should or shouldn't use? Brand names, colours, etc? I'll look into the other media players soon though.