1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on multiple file vcd or svcd?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by zenarrrow, Apr 9, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I have a vcd (or svcd) not sure which, when I copied it from my disc to a folder it shows me a folder with multiple files in it. How do I format it to go to my divxtodvd to make a dvd? I hope I am clear on what I am trying to get across.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

For VCD you need to grab the dat from the mpegav (think that is the only) directory and for a SVCD it will be a mpg file in the mpeg2? folder. In both cases though if you simply copied the disc contents they will have riff/cdxa headers don't think libavformat would care though. You should use something like VCDGear for extracting. You might also want to check out SVCD2DVD for converting without re-encoding the video.

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thank you celtic d for your reply, OK I see just the mpegav file in there. I want to use the divxtodvd as I have tried that guide and for some reason I can't get any of those programs to launch for me. I have divx, shrink and decrypter only. In that divx how do I get it to recognoze the mpegav? Everything I have done won't show up in the open tab to be able to convert to dvd, when I click on it it just stays empty like it won't recgonize it, know what I mean?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Extremely easy solution for all problems:

VCD:
    ...\ext
    ...\mpegav\[bold]AVSEQ01.DAT[/bold]
    ...\segment
    ....\vcd

SVCD:
    ...\ext
    ...\mpeg2\[bold]AVSEQ01.MPG[/bold]
    ...\segment
    ....\svcd

In any case, [bold]before doing anything [/bold], you have to do , with VCDGear, DAT --> MPG (or MPG --> MPG), to convert the 'riff files with headers' to 'true mpegs'.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005