1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on playing TMNT 2 arcade mode with flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by preslay, Nov 28, 2004.

1. preslay

preslay Member

hi everyone, i was wondering if this is possible. because i got the arcade mode on my file of tmnt 2 battle nexus, and that's basically the only reason why i got this game. Anyways everytime i select the arcade mode, the screen goes black for a bit, then it says please insert playstation 2 format disc. i'm gonna asume that switching to arcade mode means the ps2 has to reset or something. anyways is there any possible way to play it still with the flip top or does that mean i'm screwed and all that time playing that stupid game was for not? anyways thanks

2. preslay

preslay Member

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

don't own that game myself so this is just a guess but have you tried using cd/dvd loader, if you have a v7+ ps2 then i would suggest that you try the 5v3 no pn and beta 3 splinter cell options, if they don't help might also be worth giving cd loader beta 5.2 a try

4. preslay

preslay Member

well i don't know exactly what that does, but umm the problem is that because of when you select the arcade mode, i believe the ps2 must reset in order to play it. which of course means that since i have a flip top, it goes back to "please insert ps2 game." so the question is, how can i play the arcade game with my flip top since it needs to reset itself to get to the arcade mode and by doing so the ps2 recognizes that this is a burnt cd.