1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question On Torrents and Anonymizer

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by philly37, Mar 24, 2007.

1. philly37

philly37 Regular member

Hello question I heard that utorrent isnt safe to use any more. Im looking at Azureus. If i use Azureus and i use something like Anonymizer do i need to configure Az to work thru anonymizer and if so how? Does anyone use these at all?

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

uTorrent works fine for me (V1.6). You can use Peer guardian, apart from that its a no no.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

There is no actual proof that &#181torrent isn't safe, It's just some of us are wary when a program download site associated with p2p software lists as an RIAA affiliated site.

Azureus uses a plugin called safepeer, which is the same thing as peer guardian. On a cable connection you cannot ever be anonymous, they (your ISP) can always sniff your connection and find out what you are doing.
    Use encryption, then it's just too much trouble for them to usually be bothered, but if they get suspicious they can and do block certain ports and limit your upload bandwidth, effectively shutting you out.

4. philly37

philly37 Regular member

Thanks for the info guys im just learning how to use newsgroups (seems alot faster) I just tried giganews with their ssl encryption i like the speed so far