1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*QUESTION ON TV TUNER LEADTEK WINFAST??

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by xxnonamex, Nov 16, 2003.

1. romarta

romarta Member

I just got the Expert card in a new system and the absence of audio when using a vcr was driving me nuts. I tried everything and finally found this Forum...and the answer (Selecting Aux). THANK YOU.
    I'll be reading the threads here to learn more.

2. Herbv

Herbv Guest

hi Guys,
    Hope u can help me out.I am trying to capture a NTSC DVD and convert it to Pal DVD.How do I do it with my Winfast.When I connect the NTSC player to my PVR the pics goes jerky..Is there a way to go round it?.
    cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2004
  3. tidal

tidal Member

hi guys i have a problem with my leadtek tv tuner card ive followed Garrys guild, cept i dont edit my files, i just capture them to dvd nts, and then author the files to dvd format with tmpgenic dvd-author but i have had my audio out of sync with the vedio its about 5sec too fast, the movie is perfect when i first capture it, its when i convert the files to be burned to dvd that i get the audio lag

any advice would be helpful, ive been reading for hours and no luck

4. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo guys,there is a new PVR application available on Leadtek website.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

I have Talked to 2 other Poeple in the last couple days with this problem useing the Leadtech capture software and all of these Poeples sync problems were solved when they use a different capture Program Like WinDVR 3.0 to capture instead......

6. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yup, InterVideo WinDVR 3.0 definitely is a much better capturing program. My last complaint to Leadtek was to have my TV Tuner to wakeup on time to do recordings and hibernate (S3 mode) upon finishing and keep going for daily, weekly recordings as well.

Honestly, I'll be replacing my VCR's recording task with the Leadtek TV Tuner if the "hibernate" stuff is successful. Anyway, I've just download the latest Leadtek PVR and will be putting a couple of test on it for the next few days to see if it wakes my PC from hibernate mode to do recordings correctly (e.g set 10 schedule recordings for 2 days and PC must hibernate after each recording and able to wakeup on time for the next one)

7. Sam42

Sam42 Guest

Finally got mine to work. In the process here is what I found out, just in case it might help someone else.

WinFast TV2000 XP Expert internal card.
    Burned on the card itself ‘PCB ver. C’
    and ‘Assembly ver. B’
    Creative Audigy 2 Platinum sound card

1. Connect the internal sound wire from the TV card to the ‘aux in’ on the sound card.

2. Install these files from the Leadtec site:

First - MMCD 3.6 5.13.1.380.1 2004/2/12

then - MMCD 3.6 (PVR 3.0.9.40 & FM 1.64 2004/2/12

3. Open Winfast PVR

The ‘Audio-Out Control Line’ is ‘CD Audio’ source.

The ‘Audio Recording Line’ is the ‘Analog Mx (Line/CD/Aux/TAD/PC)’.

Thanks to all you guys for the encouragement...

8. onestop

onestop Regular member

Oh! Creative Audigy just the same as a friend of mine that took a while to figure it out but I was told that the volume control in the PVR will be slightly different as having it on CD-in

9. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo guys, after 2 days of 10 schedule recording tests on the latest PVR dated 18/3/04, the hibernate (S3) mode works fine without missing a queue Man!

10. warno

warno Member

Hey guys...

Just to deviate the discussion, I have a problem with my Winfast 2000 XP Expert card where, on live TV mode, it writes an image file to a temp folder every five seconds. This disturbs the image slightly when the drive is being written. It does this on normal, good or optimal quality. I'm running a Pentium III 450 with a 32 Meg Nvidea card so the rig should be fast enough for the card.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

11. Minion

Minion Senior member

Is this while Just watching TV or when recording TV??
    Because your PC is far too slow to record TV with any sort of Quality..You can easilly upgrade your PC to a faster 2.0ghz+ for about $150....

12. warno

warno Member

No, Its only when wathing live TV. I can actually record OK on MPEG1 (although I can’t watch live TV while this is happening, which is only to be expected)and playback of that is fine. The minimum system requirements for the card is stated as Pentium II 300, so I figured live TV should be a breeze. I also can’t get Winfast express to launch (don’t know what it does but it is in the program list with the other launchers).

13. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello there, I suggest that you change for preview settings from Optimal to Normal by doing a right click with your mouse cursor on the screen. Hope that solve your problem. Cheers

14. JSame

JSame Member

I just bought one of these (Winfast TV 2000 XP)

For an unknown reason, it appears to have arrived with no Audio driver on the installation CD.

I have been to the Leadtek website and can't find an audio driver there either! I can't believe this!

Has anyone had similar problems? Anyone know how I can get this driver?

Thanks in advance.

15. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello JSame, I doubt it has anything to do with missing audio drivers if you remember that there were 3 drivers during installation. I would suggest that you check if the audio cable is plug in the correct direction.

16. dfcc

dfcc Member

hello everyone, i just need some help here, i have a leadtek winfast tv 2000 expert card, i have the latest drivers and

the latest pvr software, i have the audio cable plugged in between my winfast card and my cd audio slot on the

motherboard to get audio. i have a few problems..

problem 1:
    i can't have any other pci cards in my machine as it causes problems with irq settings and the remote control then does

not work. i managed to look in the bios and i have a list of irq ports 1-15, i notice these ports

IRQ5 (LPT2) - enabled

IRQ10 (reserved) - disabled

the only options i have are to enable or disable these irq ports (these are the two ports im considering using to

assign my winfast card to), if anyone can help me, i need to assign my winfast card to one of these ports but im not

sure how to do it?also i would like to be able to make my pc wake itself from hibernation to record programs and then

rehibernate once recording has finished does anyone know how to set this up, i already know how to enable hibernate

mode in windows but thats as much as i know, any help please?

problem 2:
    the card works fine just now as i have no other pci cards in there, but the other problem is when i record, whenever i

record in:

Videocodec:DivX5.1.1pro - encoding at 682 Kbits/s (worked out bitrate using Adv.DivX Bitrate Calc! to fit 30 minutes of

video into 150MB space)
    Videoresoloution:384x576
    audioCodec:MP3 - 22.050kHz, Stereo 56kb/s

i have the problem that after 30 mins of recording the audio and video synchronisation gets progressivly worse as the

video goes on, and near the end of the video im sure the audio is nearly or over 1 minute out of synch! any ideas why

this and how to fix it?

problem 3:
    whenever i record using the MPEG-2 Optimal Quality profile after about 15 seconds the video jerks every couple of

seconds till its done recording. The jerkyness also shows in the finished playback of the video.The other mpeg-2

profiles seem to work fine but the quality is not so great, any help as to what the problem is with the optimal mpeg-2

profile while recording and how to solve it?

if anyone could help with all these i would be so grateful?? also does anyone know if i should be using other programs

other than the ones provided by leadtek for my winfast tv 2000 expert card to watch live tv, capture video or live tv,

encode from avi to dvd files or vice versa? if you know the best tools for these jobs using my winfast tv 200 expert

card please tell me?thank you so much to anyone who helps :D !!

my pc spec is:
    chatintech apogee 7VJL deluxe motherboard
    pheonix awardBIOS v6.00pg
    amd athlon xp 2000+ (1.66ghz)
    512MB ram (pc2100)
    160GB maxtor diamond 9 7200 8MB cache
    leadtek winfast tv 2000 expert pci card
    windows xp pro
    all software is up to date and all drivers are up to date.

also if you feel that your reply might be a bit long or you find it easier to email me than reply on here, please feel

free, my email address is dfcc_@hotmail.com, please put 'LEADTEK WINFAST' in the subject box, thank you all so much to

all who help!!

17. pleasedie

pleasedie Member

i've got an annoying problem-any help would be much appreciated. i tried this method:

"Start Winfast PVR, check that your line in connection (for recording) is switched on in your volume control.......Select the settings button on PVR (the spanner), Click on the 'Capture format profile' and select DVD PAL (of NTSC) then click on 'Capture profile setting' The Video codec will be set to 'MPEG 2 codec', leave it at that.
    The capture resolution should be for the maximum for your system (720x576 for PAL), Move the video quality slider to maximum (1000), Set the target data rate to 6000."

followed almost exactly, except i have to capture at 352x480 because i drop frames any higher than that.

the resulting mpg looks and sounds great, but running it through TMPGEnc or burning to dvd causes the audio to go out of sync after about an hour. i've even tried extracting the audio with virtualdubmod and adding it to the video with TMPGEnc, but no luck.

any idea how to fix this, or better yet, prevent it?

thanks

18. Minion

Minion Senior member

Try useing Different Capture Software like "Intervideo WinDVR 3.0" Because I have noticed from Many other posts from LeadTech WinFast Owners that there are a lot of Sync problems with Captured Files but only after you either Edit the files or author them to DVD...It think it is because some Capture Software will add Padding to the Video stream to compensate for Dropped Frames or to Compensate in the Time Lag between the Audio and video capture and this Padding gets removed when the File gets re-Muxed Like when Authoring to DVD or When Editing and this causes the sync problem.......
    Windvr 3.0 doesn"t seem to have this problem and it produces very good quality captures....

If you are captureing at 352+480 then you don"t need to use a Bitrate of 6000kbs because the Video Resolution is Half of the Standard DVD Resolution so the Image needs only about half the Bitrate to achieve the Same Quality...You could easilly get away with useing a Bitrate of 3500kbs or 4000kbs which would allow you to Fit Much more Video on a DVD...
    You should actually be Calculateing the Capture bitrate useing a Bitrate calculator which calculates the Bitrate Baced on the length of the Movie so that it exactly fits on a DVD without wasteing any space on the DVD or being to big to fit on the DVD, This way you get the Maximum Quality Possible for the length of the Movie, A good Bitrate calculator is called "PowerBit" which is Freeware........Cheers

19. pleasedie

pleasedie Member

thanks, i'll try that out tonight.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Got the card in my multimedia system after pulling my hair out trying to get my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 working. I soon discovered PVR-350 was not compatible with all the other backup software I have installed. Pissed off I went on the net did a little research which lead me (no pun intended) to the leadtek. I've not had a problem since and it does ok recordings and yes ultimately burns. Not a good capture card.