1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Xbox Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jewjrw, Nov 10, 2004.

1. jewjrw

jewjrw Guest

Ok I am so new to this and have really been searching to answer my question, but just can not find it anywheres. Here is what I want to do. I would like to take the original xbox games and put them on cd or dvd (which ever is required) and use the cd or dvd in the xbox. I only have a cd writer. Now is there a possiblity that this can be done with just what I have?

2. drnono

drnono Member

This is really easy to do using Craxion or CloneXB 2.3, but either way you need to have your XBox running a dashboard with FTP support (EvolutionX is the popular one, but I recommend Avalaunch for all it's niceities).

To be able to do this, for the most part, you'll need 'hack' your XBox via Mod-Chip OR Software exploit (www.how2xbox.tk). This is the only way to run unsigned code, which your backups will be.

Just to let you know, you can't backup to a CD-R because the XBox won't read them. It can read CD-RW and DVD media. Depending on your CD Drive your XBox may only be able to read DVD+ or DVD- media. You can find more info on xbox-scene.com how to tell what drive you have and which reads what.

3. jewjrw

jewjrw Guest

Thank you for answering my question.
    Sounds like alot of extra things to buy.
    I was hoping to beable to do this w/out added expenses.
    Would this require me having to hook my pc up to the xbox just to run the copy?

4. drnono

drnono Member

Just so you know you can only play backups on a MODDED xbox, either software or hardware modded. It's not as simple as the PSX or DC where you could use a bootCD.

The reason you need to connect your XBox up to the PC via FTP (network) is so you can use the XBox's CDROM Drive to read the CDs becasue your PC won't be able to.

I've never tried, but have read on some forums that it is possible to use Nero or some other CDBuring software to make working backups... but I can't confirm this.

check out http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php for more information and also check out their forums.

Also check out http://www.xbins.org/faq-help.php and #xbins-help on efnet (irc).

It's not that difficult at all and using a program like CloneXB makes it one click easy.. but no matter what, you need to have a Modded XBox to run these 'backups'.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004