1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question! Please Help!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DiRect, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    I know, I know. It's been a long time since I posted.. but I was gone to visit another country for like 6 months lol. Anywayz, to get to the point.. this is what I need help with. I have a DVD-R approx. 7.2 GB in size... but I want to put that one DVD-R onto a single layered DVD-R with the highest video quality as possible. What is the best software to remove extras, commentaries, special features, language tracks off of a DVD and one that can re-encode the video if after removing everything it still can't fit onto a single layered DVD-R. If there is not one software that does that.. can someone recommend an easy way to remove everything and than another way to re-encode the VOB video files. How is DVD-ReMake PRO? It looks pretty good, but unfortunately it can't compress the video. Do you think after removing extras and everything.. should I use DVDShrink to compress the video or CCE? I must tell you tho, I am not that experienced with CCE and am not sure if it can compress DVD Files. Any help would be appreciated and I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Regards,
    DiRect

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Rip with DVD Decrypter File Mode. Compress movie with DVD Shrink You can remove all the things your want with DVD Shrink Re-author. Then Burn ISO file with Decrypter. Both of these programs are free and they should work fine for what your are trying to achieve.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

4. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Thnx for your reply but that doesn't exactly answer my question. I do not want to re-author the DVD in DVDShrink as I want to keep the menu that is already there. If I wanted to do that, I could have just re-encoded the whole DVD to an AVI.. than author it in DVD-Lab Pro. I read on some site when you re-author with DVDShrink, you do not get to keep the menu's.. well is there anyway to keep the menu?

Regards,
    DiRect

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

DVDFab is what your looking for

Or you can go to my site (link in sig) and use the guide by sadsac which uses all free proggys to accomplish this. It's not exactly what you want but it is close and I'm sure you can figure it out by looking at it.. One question though, you want to remove everything except the menu. Why may I ask do you need the menu if you are going to get rid of everything else anyway? Because if you just want the menu you can do that in Shrink using re-author (it wouldnt be functional but you would have it)

6. sadsac

sadsac Guest

bbmayo,

Glad to see you're actually recommending my idea.

Thanks.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

DiRect,
    These proggy's are not free but you did say the best with highest vidio quality possible.

Rip the dvd with DVD Decryptor (free) to you hdd.

Import Vidio_TS file to DVD Remake. Remove the junk you don't want leaving a functional menu. Export modified Vidio_TS file to a new folder on your hdd.

Encode with RB/CCE.

Burn with Nero or your burning utility of choice.

8. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Thnx for your help everyone. I think I will just use DVD RB and CCE and just decrease the quality of the extras by 50% but keep the movie full.. than just re-encode it.. if it still doesn't fit.. ill just use shrink to take out junk... than put it in DVD-RB and CCE and re-encode. How do you use passes in CCE... I haven't seen any options yet.. I guess I will have to try it a few times and see my results.. thanks once again. I don't think there are a lot of extras on the dvd.. just some trailers at the beginning of the film.. which's quaity i'll just decrease.. keep all the menu's still.. remove commentaries.. and some other c*** i don't need. Can DVD RB remove commentaries or can it only remove different audio tracks?

Regards,
    DiRect

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

The best guides I know of for RB/CCE are written by vurbal. Look for one of his posts and the links are in his sig.