1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question/Problem with 3.10 OE-A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Rescorbic, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Rescorbic

Rescorbic Member

I've tried multiple times to put my PSX FFVIII on 3.10 OE-A, but it always comes up as 'This game cannot be load. It is corrupted'. I dunno if I'm doing the conversion wrongly or what. Or does my PSP need to be configured correctly before I can play PSX games on it?

It might be a stupid question but are the programs that convert PSX games into compatible file formats specifically for 3.03 OE not compatible with 3.10 OE?

I'm using Popstation (specifically for 3.03 OE) to convert my ripped PSX games.

2. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

yes they(3.0X pops) work fine on my psp(3.10 OE-A'.

Make sure that your running 3.10 kernel mode or else the game folder will be set to 1.5 kr.

go to the recovery menu and set the game folder to 3.10, then drag all your pops into that folder.

Also try clocking the CPU to 266mhz on the XMB and ISO/UMD.

3.03 oe plugins might be conflicting with your fw. Turn all plugins off.

1 more thing to try, turn no-umd mode off. that means you have to have a umd in there for some games to work(MGS:pO, DBZ AR). not sure about psx games though but its worth a shot.

I was playing Castlevania: SOTN on my 3.03 OE-C, then I upgraded to 3.10 OE-A' and all my psx games still worked soo........

i hope this helps a little

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

quick question....i know that there has been an issue with pops in OE-C cause of custom rcos, but does it make a difference what kernel it is on in OE-C? because i have only been able to get one psx game at a time to work....via naming 1 folder something wierd.......

4. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

I dont think you have to be in 3.10 kernel, BUT you have to put your pops in the GAME310 folder not the game folder.

hmmm I have never tried that befor, dragging my pops into the GAME310 folder, then running the GAME folder in 1.5. Im going to try it right now and il report back....

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

for sure...

6. Rescorbic

Rescorbic Member

Hm, well my PSP is transfering a movie right, so I'll try what you said after it's done. But, I do remember something. My "Game" folder has always just said "GAME" and never "GAME150" or "GAME310" whether in 1.50 Kernal or 3.10 Kernal. It changes automatically right?

7. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

ok I dragged a psx game into the GAME folder and tried switching between 1.5 and 3.10 k. All my old pops work fine in both 1.5 and 3.10 mode.

However they don't launch from the GAME310 folder no matter what you set the thing to.

so im not sure what the prob. is for you. I bet your ISO is fucked up. Try downloading a new one or rip your own with the NEW popstation.

8. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

double post sorry but he asked another question.

if you format your stick it should make the folders for you. don't quote me on that. But if it doesn't just make them your self, and who really needs the GAME310 folder anyway. I have never used that for anything in my life. I just use GAME150 for homebrew and GAME folders for psx games and updates n'shit.

9. Rescorbic

Rescorbic Member

Thanks flow, for all the help. I think I'm going try and buy another FFVIII game because mine is a bit scratched up, or perhaps I'll keep looking for torrents/downloads. The thing with downloads is if they don't work they make me wonder whether I've done something wrong, my PSP CFW is retarded, or the .ISO/.CSO/EBOOT is corrupted.

I have a PSP game that is a .DAT file, is that right? I haven't heard anything about .DAT files. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong file, but that file seems to be the most reasonable size for the game. Again, I appreciate the help.

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

ive heard of BIN files, but never DAT...hmm.....sus it out let me know what you come up with cause im baffled...

11. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i downloaded need for speed most wanted (naughty me) and it contained a few .dat files and .ngm files i assume they are just specific to the game but all was well until i left it 5 or 6 days as it began to mess up my memory stick because when i listen to music on my psp it while in hold/lock mode it loads up random apps that are on it so i just went and deleted that game it was in spanish anyway as for the dat file format if its in rar format rename it to .iso usually works for me lol

12. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

aren't .dat files the kind of file that store the name of your firmware

13. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

depends really on the software using they all have different file extensions like for the gba emu some of the roms come in .gba format i think they are specific to what they are going to be used for