1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question regarding 2 copies of a movie on one DVD.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by atlrunner, Nov 28, 2004.

1. atlrunner

atlrunner Guest

Newbie here for sure. I am trying to burn the Will Farrel movie ELF onto DVD for backup. I want the movie and if possible, the 5.1 audio as well as 2ch audio. My ignorance here is: I am using DVDShrink to reauthor the movie, then Nero to burn. When I go to select the actual movie, I have 3 options.. 2 of which are pretty much the same thing. It appears there are two copies of the same movie on this DVD. Do I need both copies? Why are there 2 copies to begin with? I am actually attempting to backup the movie and some of the 'What is Christmas' extras. A screen cap is attached below. I outlined my question areas in red boxes.. might appear maroon.. There are 3 of them.

[​IMG]

Thanks for your time.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

You should only need one of the three. Is one wide screen and the other 4:3?
    You can click on them and watch them in the preview window to see what they are.

Adder.

3. atlrunner

atlrunner Guest

There were 2 seperate DVD's.. one widescreen, one 4:3. This was from the widescreen DVD.. and both movies appear the same. This is why I posted. It's not clear what the difference is.

Can someone point me to a technical FAQ on the file contents / layout of a DVD? I'd like to know more.

4. dp70

dp70 Member

Elf has two versions of the motion picture. One is 5.1 the other is 'old" 2.0 stereo. Since it is a short movie. When using shrink, hilight the feature in the view screen and a mouse click will tell you what audio track is in use. How about Shrek 2? there are two shreks but one main title... go figure, at least the mastering did not change keys in the middle of a chapter or as some dvds do, add a third channel out of phase to make the audio become silent.

This prog and Decrypter are the very best, and the price is exceedingly right.

dp70