1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding 2 DVD movies to 1

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Achillies, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Achillies

Achillies Member

Hi all,

Apart from using DVD shrink, is there another program that allows me to combine the two movies i have already ripped to the hard drive using DVD Decrypter to fit on a dvd-5 disc?
    The two movies dont need to be compressed because they don't exceed 4.3gb.

Also for my other question, can you use DVD Decrypter to extract the main movie only as you would do with DVD shrink?

And lastly I would like to know from anyones thoughts and suggestions of what is the most best program for quality when it comes to compression and speed.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hi Achillies,

Yes you could use Nero Vision Express or Nero recode to combine movies, but be prepaird to waite a while if you use those because they take a long time. If the movies dont need compressed then shrink wont compress them anyway.

Yes Decrypter can exract the main movie only. You would use mode "file", but under your settings you need to select under file mode "main movie + IFO's".

Best program for compression when it comes to quality, speed, and lets not forget price is DVD Shrink.

V/R
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Achillies

Achillies Member

Hi thanks for getting back to me.
    In regaards to Nero Vision Express, how good is the encoding engine in the program? If it is no different from DVD-Shrink and takes longer, then i guess its best to use dvd-shrink.
    I mainly use DVD shrink which i think is an great program however i just wanted to know when it comes to compression, what other alternatives when it comes to quality etc

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I couldnt tell you what the best compression proggy is but I think I have tried them all and I can't tell a difference in quality with any of them. So I use the easiest and least expensive one DVD Shrink. Now keep in mind I dont really compress my movies all that much anyway because I just back up the main movie and nothing else. This would be the way I suggest anyone to do it if they want to keep it to the best quality. People say Nero Recode works better than Shrink at compression which in all likely-hood it does, but what I am saying is I can't tell a difference looking at in threw my 20/20 vision. LOL

V/R
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. linuxman

linuxman Member

Intervideo DVD copy 2 works well, you can rip each movie into a temporary storage area and dvdcopy2 will auto create the menus and stuff for you. Howevewr it does take some time to create the MDVD

Linuxman

6. Achillies

Achillies Member

Thanks bbmayo, your help is appreciated. Yea i know i have used alot as well, even although i didnt specify i just figured to find the best out of all of them or you would say the most recommended. Dvd-shrin is better the dvd2one. I have used Rebuilder combined with Cinema Craft Encoder SP for high quality back ups but they take to long. Tmpgenc i will use at times but have to agree with you that dvd-shrink is one of the best around. When you dont compress with dvd-shrink it comes out perfect as like the original. When you compress with dvd-shrink it still makes excellent quality copies however i believe if you hit under the 70% mark you might notice some artifacts in the movies now and then mainly in a black colour area close to the camera. For example, i recently backed up king Arthur. came out great, but noticed for the first time when the actor was standing close to the camera with a back coat and it was night time, you could sort of pick up a little artifact for a moment but the movie was compressed around 70%. Most of the time i havent seen a single problem with dvd-shrink, but still think its an excelent program for its quality, speed, and is cost free!

7. Achillies

Achillies Member

Thanks linuxman, i will give that a go as i like to always try different programs and weighing out the best from each one.