1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Achillies, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Achillies

Achillies Member

Hi all,

usually i use other programs to rip my movies. Thought to use DVD Decrypter since i haven't used it for a long time.

What i am trying to do is rip two different movies from DVD Decrypter which i have no problems there,however when i go to try and compile the with either dvd shrink or nero to put them all on one disc, it doesn't find the files. IE: Going to re-authoring menu in dvd-shrink, go to path where files were ripped, when you click onto the folder nothing is there however when you do a normal browse to the folder on the hard drive of course the files are there!

Could anyone tell me why either dvd-shrink or nerovision or nero recode cannot find the files?
    obviously i want to compile and encode different episodes all on one disc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Achillies

Achillies Member

can anyone help here?
    i know i can easily rip the movies with dvd-shrink, but i want to know why when i rip them directly with dvd decrypter with file mode, dvd shrink or any other encoding/re-encoding program does not pick up the files that dvd decrypter ripped

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

It sounds like you ripped in ISO mode.
    To open an ISO in Shrink, you need to click File-->open disc image.
    Shrink won't show an ISO unless you follow those steps.

4. Achillies

Achillies Member

Hi thanks for replying however, i am quite aware if i ripped in iso mode or not and i know how to use dvd shrink. I ripped the dvd in "File mode" because i can see the VOB and IFO files on the hard drive, its just when i go to join them with dvd shrink or nero it does not show the files through their programs. I have never had this problem before until i updates to the latest dvd decrpter. i might have to rollback to the previous version unless there is a fix for this

5. Achillies

Achillies Member

I have tried another way, when i was trying to rip in file mode before as "rip maain movie+IFO files" etc it would'nt work so i tried ripping "All files" now dvd-shrink, nero and all other my encoding programs recognise and shows up the files. This is quite weird, bt maybe because i am ripping a tv series that contains 4 different titles, shrink and the other probably doesnt recognise the files when decrypted one movie by itself, anyway it worked this way.

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

You might want to check out this guide as it tells you to select ALL files when using file mode with Shrink & Decrypter.http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php