1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding IFOEDIT and creating ifo files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by krighton, Aug 15, 2002.

1. krighton

krighton Guest

I'm having a problem creating IFO files. The problem comes about when i stream strip the files using smartripper. When i try to create an IFO file after stripping the vobs IFOEDIT won't create the IFO files, though it does go through the motions. When creating IFO files on a freshly ripped but not stripped vob file, it works fine.

Any ideas?

2. liquidgr

liquidgr Guest

no probs with me when i did that once.. try dvddecrypter for a change , see what happens

(www.dvddecrypter.com)

regards

3. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

I posted the same question couple of weeks ago without response . Are you using XP cause I am this might be our problem. I tried 0.88 0.91 0.92 still with the same problem ( even in win 2000 compat mode ) perhaps a senior will know

4. krighton

krighton Guest

I am using xp, however, i've seen the same problem with windows2k.

5. liquidgr

liquidgr Guest

i'm using winxp, no prob with stripped vobs though... (using ifoedit 0.88 and 0.92)

6. krighton

krighton Guest

Here's some more information, I've been using ifoedit .89 to .931...i've noticed the same problem when using win2k and xp.

7. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

I am using XP (Home Edition). No problem making IFO's. Ifoedit 0.91

However, when I do make new ones, I always write them in a newly created directory, rather than overwrite any existing ones.

See if that works.

HomerJ

8. krighton

krighton Guest

when i use ifoedit, i do create them into different directories. Also i've found if i shave off any of the film, using vob splitter or some other program, ifoedit won't create new IFOs either.

9. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

I don't usually strip streams with Smartripper, I strip out the extras using Ifoedit. Come to think of it, I think I too had a problem stream stripping with Smartripper, perhaps that why I only do it in Ifoedit. Been a while now, I've found a method that works, so tend not to wander to far from it.

HomerJ

10. krighton

krighton Guest

I'll try stripping with ifoedit and see if it works, thanks.