1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding latest console bans and backup/original games.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drhoten, Dec 14, 2007.

1. drhoten

drhoten Member

I was banned about a year ago when the first wave of banning came down from Microsoft. I then sold that banned console and bought a new Xbox but didn’t mod the Xbox as of yet. My question is if I mod my Xbox with the latest firmware and only play my backup games offline and play my original games online is there still a chance of me getting banned?

My thoughts are when ever I play a backup game I will simply unplug the network cable from the back of the console and when I want to go online to play Xbox Live I will plug the network cable back in and only play the original game. Is this a safe and sure way of not getting banned? I know there isn’t a for sure answer and everything is at your own risk but I was just curious to see if anyone else has had any success using this method. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The latest bannings are from bad backups! If you make a backup, you can check it with DVD Mulleter, and then extract the SS and check the SS with KreonChecker! It will either say good or bad! But if your backups are "Good backups" you should be fine! I've played with backups online, and I've been fine!

3. specelec

specelec Member

I would mod the system and then sell it to your friend at work for $100.

BEEYACH