1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding media before purchase

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jcgamer60, Dec 31, 2007.

1. jcgamer60

jcgamer60 Member

2. ronbo422

ronbo422 Member

JC,
    I had a V5 PS2 and it worked great with DVD-R. Since Verbatims are at the top of the list, as far as quality goes, I don't think you can go wrong.
    Good luck!!

3. jcgamer60

jcgamer60 Member

Thanks for your response. I guess i'll go ahead and order these.

4. jcgamer60

jcgamer60 Member

Just as a way to help this community. The discs I ordered have media ID: MCC 02RG20 and work great so far.

5. inagasake

inagasake Member

Thanks for giving us the heads up with the code. MCC 02RG20 is apparently first class media right? (I'm a newb about the whole quality dvd media thing.) It says so in the Blank DVD Media Quality Guide. This is good because I was running out of Memorex DVD-R's anyway (inferior CMC AM3 quality) and at $4 for 25, it's cheaper in price than Memorex to boot. I only used Memorex for back-ups a few times (literally) on my brand new slimline PS2 until I found out on the internet that Memorex quality sucks. Hopefully these Verbatim MCC disks will preserve the lifespan of my PS2 laser.

6. inagasake

inagasake Member

Btw I noticed that those Verbatim DVD-R on Futureshop have a shipping fee of $6.99! (crazy) and it's web only so you can't just go there to buy it. So while $4 for 25 Verbatim DVD-R looks cheap, it's really $11. But ah well, $11 for 25 DVD-Rs isn't THAT bad considering that it is Verbatim. Quality media is quality media. Taiyo Yuden isn't cheap either.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008