1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding themes and iso-compression

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by l2aw, Dec 31, 2007.

1. l2aw

l2aw Member

I installed a theme quite a long while ago, and I did make a backup of the resource folder, but now when I intend to go back to the default theme, the PSP doesn't start. So I'm stuck with one theme. I have 3.40oe. Will upgrading it help?

Also... when PSP ISOs get compressed, does some of the game data get ripped off? I mean you can't tell me that a 800mb iso is compressed to an odd 300mb cso, with all the game date that was originally there? Or maybe you can :p

Nevertheless, happy new year! :)

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Upgrading (or re-flashing) should fix everything. But you will have the original SONY theme.

3. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

downgrading will also save the problem. and about psp iso if u compress it from 800 mb to 300 mb the cso will work perfectly but all the game videos will be cut. example when u compress tekken dr from 1.5 gb iso to 800 mb cso there will be no opening movie even no ending movie of every character. but to play game and understand story u need the complete game iso. cause playing is not the only thing.

4. l2aw

l2aw Member

Thanks CKhaleel!

And yeah, that's what I was afraid of. It's not about "playing" the game, but I want the story and everything too!

Guess I'll have to buy a 2GB memstick