1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question(s) for Viper Modchip Owners

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by coldasice, Jan 3, 2005.

1. coldasice

coldasice Guest

I just have a couple quick questions for anyone who owns the viper modchip.

1. What is the best mini DVD-R media to use that the GC will read?
    2. Does every game play perfect?
    3. Is it true multi-disc games are not supported?
    4. I use Pheonix to remove the garbage data from my Gamcube ISOs to reduce disc space; if I did that and burned the outcome file (ISO without the garbage) would it still play in the Gamecube perfectly?

Thanks all!

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I don't have the chip yet. Still waiting for it in the mail, but I can answer your questions...

1. There are lots of media that will work. Here are some mini dvd that worked.

Mini Dvd
    Compusa
    Prodisc
    Memorex
    Maxell
    Datawrite
    Verbatim
    RiData
    Princo

2. People are still testing games but there are a large majority of games that work. Mario Tennis, Super Smash Bros., Zelda, F-Zero, etc. Don't know until you test them. But I'm pretty sure they'll all work. However multi disc games are not supported yet.

3. Yep there not supported yet by the bios but the next bios will probably fix this, and the next update of the bios will probably be coming out very soon.

4. I heard people can't play the games with the garbage data removed if you played the backup on a disc. You need to put that garbage data back in with a program Gamecube ISO Creator. But I also heard people having problems with puting the garbage data back in and it still didn't work. So your best bet is to rip the .gcm file from the disc again and not remove the garbage data. I know some gamecube torrents that remove the garbage data and those might not work either.

3. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Awsome! Thank you!