1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question that need an answer pls.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Luismax, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Luismax

Luismax Member

How can I transfer my Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring extended edtion into one DVD. Since the original comes in 2 dvds...I want to transfered in 1 dvd. Does anyone know a way to do it... I'm using DVD X COPY Platinum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated it.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Putting both LOTR discs onto one is way, way, way too much to be fitting on a single DVD-R. I have the regular edition in which disc 1 is 7.6 Gb and disc 2 is 7.3 Gb for a total of almost 15 Gb. To fit disc 1 on a -R with any semblance of picture quality you have to strip out all the extras and do movie only - remember, just for disc 1.

Your best bet is to use two discs and even then you're going to have significant compression for each.

3. Luismax

Luismax Member

ya.. I though of that too. Thanks for confirming and for your reply..I do not want to cut anything from the original...
    Thanks again.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use dvdx platinum. Basically in order to do what you require the software has to read one dvd, then the second, then carry out the burn. Platinum will not do this! (I'm not sure that there is software available to what you require anyway). You would have difficulty doing this to one dvd anyway. This is due to blanks being only 2 hours capacity. Even with compression I think you would be struggling to fit both dvds onto one without severe loss in quality.
    When dvd9s (dual layer)& respective burners are commercially, this technology is just waiting in the wings (Pioneer already can produce dual layer burners & have the technology there to upgrade the A06 to dual layer, this firmware is doubtful to appear as it would hinder the sale of new burners!).
    I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I hope I have given you some almost useful info. P.S. Happy burning & have you visited the dvdxcopy forum set up by 321 studios yet? There are lots of useful tips etc.

5. Luismax

Luismax Member

Interesting information.
    Yes I m reading interesting tips.

Thank you for your reply.

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Also, I have backed up LOTR with platinum, I think the picture quality is very good. I'm sure, however, that statement will invoke replies on the whole compression/picture/TV size etc debate!

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

luismax,

Try DVD2One in the join mode -

First, create a folder on your desktop, one for each disc - then run them through DVDShrink re-author, stripping the "extras" and keeping just the movie only, using "custom ratio" compress them to the max - with that done, run them through DVD2One in the join mode and then burn them with Nero in the classic mode -

The results will be good, not excellent, but good :)

Pete

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Will dvd2one work alongside platinum? Reason being I really like it & its' results. P.S. nice post, very informative. I have learnt something today o Wise One! LOL. P.P.S, what does OIC mean?

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I think not - DVD XCopy doesn't play well with others - that's why most of us have left ours sitting on the shelf -

Still, no problem for this job - here's 30-days of Nero -

A 30 day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

and the direction for the burn -

First create a folder for your work on your desktop - load your files there - make sure they are in a folder named VIDEO_TS written like that (all in Caps) - some programs like Shrink will make the properly named folder for you, others you must make the folder yourself - Nero needs that folder in order to work properly - then follow this
    Step by Step –
    Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on the DVD Video Icon. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made in the beginning, holding your work and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “OK” and now ? “Burn you sweet thing, Burn Baby, Burn !” ” “Let me hear you say it, Who’s your Daddy Now ???”
    (Wheeew, now I need a cigarette)

Guess what my Friend ?? You are done !!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ! ! Keep all fingers and toes away from Ms. Computer. Never mess with the lady when she’s working – it would be hazardous to your health, you understand -
    Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done, she will let you know ;-))

Enjoy,

Pete
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Hmm.. Top tips my good man, much appreciated. I never fiddle with Ms Computator when she is working. That would be an extremely unwise course to follow. Not too sure about Nero 6, I just don't like the interface. Ain't that strange?