1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Using Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CGHitman, Sep 14, 2003.

1. CGHitman

CGHitman Member

I'm trying to burn my DVD so it will work on my XBOX. I keep reading that the option to use is (DVD-ROM) UDF/ISO when creating a DVD. When I use DVD-Video, the DVD comes out fine but won't work on my XBOX, only on my computer. If I try to use the UDF/ISO, I am prompted with a message that says "You have add DVD-Video content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD Video compliant disc. To create discs playable in standalone DVD-Video players, please use DVD-Video compilation type" Last time, I copied my information over, was prompted with this message, ignored it, burned the DVD, and ended up wasting a DVD. All the information was burned but it wasn't in any playable mode even on my computer. One thing I did not do however was put everything in a VIDEO_TS folder. I now did that, but I still get the message. If I burn now should it work, or should I not be getting this message? Any help would be appreciated.

2. CGHitman

CGHitman Member

I am using:

1. DVD Shrink
    2. Nero 6
    3. Philips DVD+R

3. CGHitman

CGHitman Member

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. headhuntr

headhuntr Member

try using record now max
    i had similar problems using nero i went through 12 dvds before i found out it was nero that was causing the dvds to come out crappywhen i changed to record now max the dvds worked go figure. there are alot of people who swear by nero but i say try and use whatever works best for you

5. CGHitman

CGHitman Member

I don't think that the problem is Nero, I jsut think it's how I'm doing it. I used DVD Shrink to compress it, and I just need to burn it to the DVD right. It's about the UDF/ISO or DVD-VIDEO option that I'm unclear of. On the tutorials, they all say to use UDF/ISO but I am prompted with the message "You have add DVD-Video content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD Video compliant disc. To create discs playable in standalone DVD-Video players, please use DVD-Video compilation type" So I am unsure what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

6. headhuntr

headhuntr Member

files have to be in dvd format for one
    second there has to be 2 folders your putting this info in they are
    AUDIO_TS
    VIDEO_TS
    if you dont have these folders itll give you problems
    im sorry if that doesnt help you out im kind of new to this myself but i have gotten quite a few dvds to copy using the method i use but it may be different for your machine and hardware

7. CGHitman

CGHitman Member

No one seems to be commenting on the message that I get: "You have add DVD-Video content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD Video compliant disc. To create discs playable in standalone DVD-Video players, please use DVD-Video compilation type" This occurs after I put in my VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS Folders. Anyone konw what the problem is?

8. Prank

Prank Guest

DVD Shrink should produce a collection of .VOB .IFO and BUP files to an empty directory, If you don't add or delete any files in this directory it is the equivelant to the VIDEO_TS Directory on a DVD. When you add files to the DVD-Video in Nero you only add to the VIDEO_TS dir. Leave the audio empty. As for the XBOX I am not definate on this but my understanding of DVD+R is that it is only available on certain players mainly Sony and Pioneer. You may want to find out if the XBOX can use DVD+R, or maybe try and Produce a DVD-R instead.